Quantcast

How much is my amp worth ?

Matt Horne

Ok..

I have just upgraded my amp and so I would like some opinions as to how much I should put my old one up for..

I have a Yamaha RXV-795 Receiver.. complete with Remote/manuals (no original box unless its buried in the garage)

The amp is about 3/4 years old and has DD/DTS - 6 Channel inputs and pre-outs - about 85w per channel (its a 5 channel amp)

All in very good condition.. so what do you reckon??

Heres the review :

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/Amplifiers/Yamaha/YamahaRX-V795.shtml

Thanks

Matt

D

damtom1

I think the Yamaha 620 can be had for around 120-50 new.The yamaha amps i've had have always performed well ,and IMO they are an excellent second hand or starter amp.
I reckon you should ask for offers around the 100 quid mark,and go from there.I've never found my old amps hard to sell,just get your mates round and show them what it sounds like.....usually does the job;) ...plus you can sell them all your old gear as you upgrade!

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by damtom1
I think the Yamaha 620 can be had for around 120-50 new..
Was that "new" or "now" ? Cheapest I know of is RS @ £199.

Mike.

D

damtom1

I'm sure i saw a special offer...i cant remember where it was now:blush:
I'll have a search and get back to you.It only caught my eye as a mate of mine has one,I thought it was a great price for a good amp.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Please do. I know £130-ish is about the average secondhand rate now, I assumed that's what you meant.

Mike.