1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is bypass upgrade for DP

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Plump, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    what's the current price to add bypass to DP.
    I upgraded mine last year to DP with 192kHz but decided not to take bypass - how stupid!

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The UK retail price for the 5.1 bypass to be fitted after the 192 DAC upgrade is £685.00 GBP plus shipping.

Outside the UK, the price will be different.

3. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi plump

are you intending to buy a combi-player? if so, which do you have in mind? after it seems, that hdmi2 with support for dvd-a AND sacd won't come soon (or ever :( ) i'm tempted to buy a combi-player. and since the denon a11/5900 is the only existing deck in the whole market to have delay AND bassmanagement for dvd-a AND sacd it seems to be this one...

or does anyone know of a coming model which also will have those features?

4. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think new Denon will have it too, coming out very soon.

For me only Unidisk 1.1 is option. I am just waiting to see if it can be SDI modded, and if positive I'll buy.

5. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi plump

when are the new denon models due to come out and what are the expected prices?

do you have you're speakers setup following the aes/itu recommendation? as far as i know, the unidisk doesn't offer bm (bassmanagement) AND delay for sacd AND dvd-a...

you mentioned an SDI mod: do you use an htpc with holo3d card or a scaler? when yes which one and with which projector/display?

6. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi christoph, new denon is next iteration of dv-2900 and should comeout in september. it will feature fw, denon link and well done bass management too. i spoke to german denon guy last month in paris and he is promising a lot. anyway for under 1k£ it must be good solution.

and no i do not use htpc, actually i hate pcs. i am computer admin and i know how poor its audio performance is.

i use dvd32r, that i think is the biggest ripoff around (IMHO - no need for anyone to oppose) , component feed into lumagen, component into plasma and pj
    i had umidisk here for three weeks and i knoiw what it can do. that is my choice. if only someone could sdi it...

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    "and no i do not use htpc, actually i hate pcs. i am computer admin and i know how poor its audio performance is"

Urm.....maybe you might consider that most of the stuff you hear these days had a computer sound card in the way at some stage (playout or recording)......Soundblaster's well yes I would agree but proper pro cards are pretty good in a proper sorted HTPC. I was also very sceptical a while ago about the whole PC thing so dug very deep into the subject whilst we built up our playout systems here, HTPC's have merit when done well now......The DVD32R is a very good CD transport but very recently I get a better picture from "work in progress", same goes for Linn/Teac/Meridian, when I get reference CD quality out of a HTPC (bitstream and jitter is sorted) having conquered the noise (electrical as well as fans/drives) the DVD32R's days might be numbered (along with Teac/Linn/Meridian). If only I could get the thing to play SACD's.......