1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is an HS10 worth?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Adam M, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    don't know what to do about this.

I bought an HS10 some time ago which I loved dearly. Everything about it has been fantastic.

It did develop an intermittnet false start fault, which was driving me nuts, so I decided to hope they could fix it under warranty.

Whilst it was away, I missed it so much that I bought an HS20 knowing that I would soon have an HDMI dvd player to take advantage of this feature.

In the meantime I had agreed to sell it to a friend for £1300 but was having pangs of guilt having seen that they can be bought (albeit graded) for £1250 and that would be with a full years warranty as opposed to the 6 months outstanding on mine.

I did inform my friend of this and he did not mind as he was happy to help me out and was aware that it would only recently have been sorted.

There was some solice for my guilt in that sony repair in heathrow informed me that it would be getting a brand new bulb and new power supply daughter board, so i was relieved they had found a fault and that my friend would get the benefit of a brand new unit bulb.

Yesterday they called me and told me that after extensive testing they cannot fix the fault which has shown itself to be too intermittent for them, so they are replacing the unit under warranty and giving me a new years warranty to boot.

I did ask if they would switch it for an hs20 and allow me to pay the difference but the answer was no.

My friend now thinks he is under paying and wants to know what I could expec to get for it if I sold it elsewhere brand new in its box with a years warranty directly supplied by sony.

I am keen to find out, but ultimately I am not going to raise the price to him as he is a friend and was willing to pay what I considered to be over the odds to help me ot, so I will oblige the sentiment in return.

I would like to be able to exaplin to him now just how much of a bargain he is getting.

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I just brought mine from the classified section for £1000 with 60hrs on the lamp and 6 months old

3. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    where did you bring it from and where did you take it? ;)

4. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sold my still under warranty, perfect working model for £995 about a month back.

5. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    TT9, out of interest, what did you replace it with?

6. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it was between the Sim2 HT300+ and the Domino 30. Went for the 30 in the end.

In isolation the HS10 is a fantastic machine, and it never let me down, but no-one kid themselves that it can hold a candle to either of these babies, HTPC, CC40 or whatever.

Night and day.
    (IMHO)