1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is an AV32R BP192 worth?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Smurfin, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    I'm shortly going to be selling my AV32R, which was factory fitted with 192khz dacs and the 5.1 analogue bypass, plus PLII. It's in black, the 5.1 version, and is in mint condition with the box etc etc.

Can anyone advise me roughly how much this is worth please, before I advertise it?

Matt

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Hi Matt,

I would suggest, based on recent forum and auction site prices, that £1000 - £1150 is about right. What are you changing to?

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I would have had an AV32R/DP......

5. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    Not heard the DP so I'm not really in a position to comment, but I find the Tag far too shrill @ high volumes, it's simply too harsh (combined with my choice of speakers). I love a detailed sound - and the Tag offers that in buckets - but it's not right for me. And Logic7 is, put simply, stunning...

6. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I saw one recently go for £1375. I suppose it depends on what condition yours is in - this one was described as mint.

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    A DP with TMREQ can be made to do just about anything with your speakers and room acoustic.....Sort of makes the choice of speakers somewhat redundant to a point......Of course your Lex might be fine until you move or change speaker type/position.......

8. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If your changing because you find the Tag too shrill then one of the last makes I'd be lookin at would be Lexicon :confused: Ive never found their kit smooth sounding. Its very analitical and detailed in a similar way to Tag in my opinion :) AS Graham says for the price you can pick a DP up for now theres nothing that comes close. Name another processor for around two K that decodes everything the DP does and has an eight band parametric EQ system of equal ability :lesson:

9. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have heard a Lexicon MC8 on a few occasions and I would never describe the sound as "shrill" at high volumes. To my mind its one of the best processors out there atm. I dont think I have heard a TAG DP (something tells me that i have but I cant recall tbh) but I used to own an AV30R (base model) and have a heard a AV32R (the BP192) and the sound was a lot more edgy at highish volumes. I know these models are not comparable to the DP but surely they must have a family sound ? I suppose it depends a lot on your partnering equipment etc.

£2k is a good price for the DP but you must remember that new these were a lot more and currently used values are down due to all the negative publicity surrounding the manufacturer. I have seen early unbalanced MC8's go for well under £3k second hand and personally on pure sound quality I would put in the extra to get one. Also £2k easily brings you into Bryston SP1.7, Arcam AV8, Parasound C2, Meridian 568.2 etc country in the second hand market.