Question How much is an Arcam FMJ DV27A worth these days?

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm toying with selling my old DV27A, and wondering what sort of price to ask for if I do. I would imagine it might be worth something as a CD player, but I guess the lack of HDMI output or upscaling would be a problem for DVD playback (from many people's perspective).

I used to have one of those players. I sold it when Arcam released the DV29. I think that if you're lucky you might get £30 for it. You're probably better off letting a charity like BHF take it off your hands, as the cost of sending it anywhere will probably make any sale pointless.

Clem

I used to have one of those players. I sold it when Arcam released the DV29. I think that if you're lucky you might get £30 for it. You're probably better off letting a charity like BHF take it off your hands, as the cost of sending it anywhere will probably make any sale pointless.

Clem
Hmm. Okay. :-(

It's annoying, but things move on, and however well you've looked after something, its value is governed by its feature set compared to current technology. Take a look on ebay to get a price guide, but without features such as HDMI I can't see it having much value other than perhaps for spares.

Clem

If it's any consolation I'm giving my Arcam DV79 to a friend who has no interest in Blu-ray or UHD. I've had 12 years use out of it and it's still in good nick. But with a 55" 4K OLED coming it's not going to be much use with that. A charity or a friend is the best option. At least someone will still appreciate the quality.

A quick search of recently sold DV27s on eBay shows they've gone for between £42 and £139.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom