1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much improvment going from KenWood to Yamaha?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CosmicOne, Sep 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to upgrade from a KenWood Reciver model 5030D that can only do DolbyDigital to a Yammy RXV650 or 750.

how much improvment am gonna get if u guys now in both Stereo & movies???coz am afraid to not fell any difference after doing this upgrade espisially that am gonna play alot (in my country the 650=430Uk pounds & the 750=515UK pounds).

2. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forget to mention my system:

DVD:Sony DVP-NS305
    Fronts:Wharfedale Diamond8.4
    Center:Wharfedale Diamond8c
    Rear:pioneer S-D55 (3way speaker)

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It should blow the Kenwood completely out of the water in H/C and still be better in stereo. I cant be totally sure as I havent heard your Kenwood but i wouldnt give it much hope vs the Yamaha:D

4. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So Dfour,
    Am really confuesed about getting the Yamaha RXV-750 with it's new LSI's (YSS948) & it's new Pure direct mode in which many people say it's very good in stereo also there new Design or get the little bit old RX-V1400 which have more power & THX but don't have the above mentioned on the 750????
    also the 1400 would cost me here in my country alot more approx. 166UK pounds.

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the amps you want at work all the tiem, but use a kenwood at home and I found the amps in the kenwood resonable for the money but not a patch on even the £200 Yamaha, but the processor (Which I bypass) in the kenwood is truely awful so you will notice a huge difference in the yamahas especially with music if you use the amps processor at the momment!

6. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bobbypunk,do u mean u use the KenWood only for power & use separate processore to decode DolbyDitial & DTS & others???

when i get the Yamaha i will be using it as amp & processor coz where i live we don't have separeats like pre & amps & proc we only use all in one boxes.

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    No I think he just hasnt upgraded his Kenwood. Hes saying that the Yamaha's are much superior to the Kenwood in stereo and for H/C processing.

As to your other questions.:lesson:
    The 1400 also has a direct stereo mode. I would dought that you would notice much difference in the processing of the 750 or 1400 despite the LSI diffference. If you dont think you will use the THX or the extra power of the 1400 don't buy it and get the 750. You wont be dissapointed by either :smashin:

8. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dfour,
    did u read the Review of the AX750se here on HomeCinemaChoiceOnline ,they explained how the Pure Direct mode compares to the direct mode found on the older models like the 1400 & how the PDM gives great sound in stereo they even said in there review it was better than the rest including a Nad ,Marantz,HarmanKardon.

try to read the review it's very small.

i want to ask u about something,in the Review they say the DSP-AX750SE has tweaks for UK only & the tweaks is on the Powersupply & capacitors,also i noticed that the normal RXV750 consumes 370watt of power while the AX750SE consumes 440Watt,does this tweaks really make any difference or it's just markting???or it's just more power taking into consideration that the power rating stayed the same as 100W & the weight stayed the same 12.6kg.

9. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Yamaha tweak the sound of their recievers for the UK market. To apeal tot he English ear as they see it. Sony do the same thing with there QS range. I dont know how much difference it all makes as I havent had any oppotunity to compare 2 Yamaha amps like that. If you get one from Egypt I would assume it wont be UK tuned.