How much import tax do I have to pay-pls help

E

Ewan

Hi!
I would like to order a DVD box set costing £28.99 how much import tax will I have to pay on it?

Garrett

If you do have to pay duty it would be 4 % duty plus 17.5% vat on top of that and there could be a collection charge of about £4.

Garrett

A bit back it may have been sent to you as a gift but customs have closed this loophole with a lot of DVD sellers.

E

Ewan

Hi!
I'm buying it from cd wow:smoke: Even with import tax-it's still cheeper than buying it in the UK:p

Indiana Jones

Which set is it mate as if you get caught by customs and the post office you will end up paying nearly £40 for it.

Lex

Novice Member
I got caught for a £29.99 box set from CD-Wow and had to pay about £13 customs charges on top.

evilash

christ am i crapping myself now...... amazon.ca have just shipped the monster legacy collection!!!!!:eek: Paid £35 for it so i could be stung big time..... anyone know whether postie will take a cheque or should i have some dough ready and waiting for what is unfortunately inevitable?

ebury

Novice Member
sorry mate,no postmen are allowed to take cash anymore!!!!:( :(
You will have to go to your local post office and pay them instead
How is this called delivery then?????????:lesson:

Lex

Novice Member
Originally posted by ebury
sorry mate,no postmen are allowed to take cash anymore!!!!:( :(
You will have to go to your local post office and pay them instead
How is this called delivery then?????????:lesson:
I gave cash to my postie for a delivery from cd-wow just a couple of weeks ago :confused:

E

Ewan

Hi!
I'm thinking about buying "Angel" DVD box sets! (pls don't laugh!):rolleyes:

The region 1 version seem to be cheaper than the region 2 version

inzaman

you might get lucky and not get caught, i ordered the scarface limited boxset from dvdsoon just recently and never got stung by customs.

P

pointsofview

Can anyone please enlighten me as to the threshold from which import charges will be incurred?

Thanks to anyone:)

Lex

Novice Member
anything over £18 will incur charges...

Phil Jones

Standard Member
Originally posted by Ewan
Hi!
I'm thinking about buying "Angel" DVD box sets! (pls don't laugh!):rolleyes:

The region 1 version seem to be cheaper than the region 2 version
that's usually the case, yes, but various e-tailers have offers on the Angel Region 2 dvds at the moment (or will have shortly) so they'll be about £30.

E

Ewan

What e-tailers have offers on the Angel DVD box sets?
I've checked Amazon.co.uk and Play.com both are selling them for about £58.99 to £65.59

Cd wow have the region 1 version for £27.99:clap:

I have started to the think that region 2 DVD's are a rip off:rolleyes:

Lex

Novice Member
Yes R2 prices on Buffy & Angel have long been considered as a rip off!
All the R2 Buffy boxsets are on sale everywhere at the moment for about £28 - not sure about Angel though. They do come on Sale fairly frequently though, I paid no more that £35 for any of mine...
I think I read that they are all going to be re-released in cheaper packaging (as with the X-Files) later this summer... not sure where I read that though...

Indiana Jones

Amazon.co.uk have Season 1-3 of Angel available for pre-order at £30.79 and will be in Standard Plastic Case Packaging so I would imagine that means they will be in Amaray cases and not in fold out packaging like they currently are, same goes for Season 1-7 of The X Files.

E

Ewan

I think I'' get the region 1 versions. I read some where that the region 2 version of Buffy were cut- is this true?

Indiana Jones

One of the Episodes in Season 3 is Cut by 8 seconds. Also, after Season 3 the R2 releases are Widescreen where as the R1 releases are Fullscreen and I know which I would prefer.