How much have you told your other half it will be?

S

Seek

with sky HD coming out how much have you told your other half it will be so you can go out and get it ;)

i told mine it will be £299 and £10 extra a month she was happy with this and am ok to get it with them pirce's but if it comes out at £399 it is only hundred more will not be that hard to get around her so i can get it still.

so tell me have you done anythin like this?

S

Seek

so you get a yes now and if it comes out for more you can still get it because they said yes :clap:

james_uk9

Novice Member
Well, whether the other half is happy or not, if i want something i go out and get it. Surely life is too short to be under the thumb for most of it? :p

JUS

here here...separate bank accounts all the way.

I don't think I would tell her I'm spending £4k on a TV...she wouldn't be able to get her head round that...

White Noise

Novice Member
I think the biggest problem will be getting to commandeer the main TV to watch it. I'll be be lucky to see much football on it, will be hard pressed to get her to watch the selection of films on there at the moment and ,although she likes 24, she's missed the last 2 series and we'll be way into the new series by the time this starts. Even worse, I put on something I'd downloaded last week and she couldn't see an impovement. Eeek!

Got a 27" HD ready LCD upstairs. Might end up swapping the boxes round regularly, unless they offer a fantastic trade in on the Sky+ boxes.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I've told my missus the TRUTH.

The box is free and it will be £10 a month extra.She seemed quite happy with that.
Little does she know that I have £300 in crisp £10 notes ready and waiting to pay for the box......
Ah well, nearly the truth then.:devil:

S

Seek

james_uk9 said:
Well, whether the other half is happy or not, if i want something i go out and get it. Surely life is too short to be under the thumb for most of it? :p

no under the thump just less hassel :thumbsup:

lurcher

After 37 years I just go ahead order and inform her , she aint bothered what I get as long as it looks nice .
I used to laugh to myself when lads at work said "the wife wont allow me to get Sky etc" , what they worried about ? , lifes too short and they aint no pockets in shrouds.

Inked

Distinguished Member
The girlfriend's just let me spend £3k on a new TV , DVDR and remote. Whats another few hundred pounds gonna matter?

mark rosser

so in this scenario of 'asking her indoors about how much you can spend' i assume that she also asks you about spending money on her 98th pair of shoes (and of course handbag to match!) that she wears once and then either:

a) figures out they are as uncomfortable as they look
b) Oh no, they just gone out of fashion, and now CAN'T be worn!

come on guys, we all grew backbones when we emerged from the primordial soup! why not use them occassionally:smashin:

My view, if you can justify it to yourself, and you have looked after the essentials (food, shelter, power, light, warmth, etc), then surely this is why we all go to work...

just my 2pc;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom