How much have you spent on your Home Cinema setup?

How much have you spent on your current Home Cinema setup?

• Under £500

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • £500- £1500

Votes: 68 11.2%
  • £1,500 - £2,500

Votes: 106 17.5%
  • £2,500 - £5,000

Votes: 196 32.3%
  • £5,000 - £10,000

Votes: 148 24.4%
  • £10,000 - £20,000

Votes: 43 7.1%
  • £20,000 +

Votes: 28 4.6%

• Total voters
My wife loves it too but would kill if she knew what it cost - she thinks you get this stuff on offer at Aldi. It all started with a too good to miss speaker deal and before I knew it ... AMP, DVD, TV cables etc etc etc - but I have no guilt for doing it but no money either.

My neighbour hates it .....

Garfield said:
My wife loves it too but would kill if she knew what it cost - she thinks you get this stuff on offer at Aldi.

:D Well, that's why I have stuck by Rotel ... the all black cases make it difficult to identify newcomers (the missus didn't even know we had two power amps)*

* soon to be three (am I testing my luck?)

The only problem I have now is that I spend all my time on here looking at new products & improving my system when maybe I should be just working my way through the 60 odd sealed DVD movies I have waiting to watch yet :rotfl: :rotfl:

But I know what some of you mean though. I go round my parents house once a week & they have this little 20 inch Hitachi with imaginary surround sound :nono: :nono: & I cannot stand watching it. Then a few weeks ago their vcr packed up I tried & tried to ralk them into getting a PVR but no they had to get another vcr for £80 :suicide: I ask you????

Regards

Gary

Kopite4Ever said:
i think id commit suicide if i added up my dvd collection as well cos thats a few K in itself
Indeed - just my DVDSoon account summary shows I spent £1k with them last year and my collection is far smaller that most peoples due to my extensive DivX collection :p

Please dont ever ask me to add that up again, ever!

Good grief its frightening

Captain Benefit said:
To be honest, I am considering selling all of my AV gear and taking a break from the whole chase your tail lark. At the end of the day we seem to be spending thousands to watch the odd movie and play the odd game. Do people who have a simple TV enjoy a film anyless? Would not have thought so.

Pete.

Interesting point. At uni I watch most of my films on an ancient little granada ex-rental tv from the 70s! I still enjoy a good film on it. I think I find I enjoy a greater range of films- i.e. even crappy ones w/ not plot- if they're on a good system, because you can think about the sound and picture as well as what's going on onscreen.

eviljohn2 said:
I almost wish I'd spent the spare cash I've spent on AV kit (aside from the TV) on a really nice stereo system.

That's something I really miss- not having my music on a good system.

I have spent quite a bit on software - the DVDs themselves. I think that will soon overtake what I spent on the theatre setup.

I just realised I spent over a grand more than I thought I had and some of my kit is second hand. :eek: I would love to get a PJ and screen but think my room is to small to di it any justice. Luckily dont have to much storage either so my dvd buying has to be kept under control :devil:

I love it all but could always spend more to make it better.:eek:

Are we just talking kit here or should we be including the price of building the room as well?

When I first started I didn't tell the Mrs how much the Black Boxes or the Rear Screen Telly cost, I think over the years she has caught on that the equipment I've purchased hasn't come from Tesco's or Asda, but hasn't complained as the whole family get there enjoyment out of it now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom