How much have you spent on Ultimate Team

How much cash have you spent on Ultimate Team

• Total voters

kopchoir

Ex Member
Reaction score
Was out having my usually friday beer with my mates on firday,and talk turned to the fact that one of my mates is always on Ultimate Team.
Knowing that you can buy player packs from the marketplacem, i asked him how much he had spent on players.
Not a lot he said about £50,turns out his 2 lads one 15 has spent nothing (one of these annoying kids who is pretty good) and the other a 13 year old had spent £130 out of his own bank account.

So got me thinking how much cash have you spent on Ultimate Team

My big issue with Ultimate Team mate, why I don't bother with it. Zero skill involved in whacking out a credit card and buying the best players for your team. Just a cash cow for EA, won't have any part of it.

My big issue with Ultimate Team mate, why I don't bother with it. Zero skill involved in whacking out a credit card and buying the best players for your team. Just a cash cow for EA, won't have any part of it.

I play the mans game of pro evo mate,i let you kids run away with yourselves on this:devil:

Seems i should of made the poll private?? bet there are a few who have spent a shed load,my mate said he watche dhis kids play it and thought bonkers you two.
Then started playing it and was hooked,"reminded me of trading footy cards at school":facepalm:
Reckon they have made a fortune on the back of this

Was my view exactly....until I started playing it and it is very addictive!

silvercue said:
Was my view exactly....until I started playing it and it is very addictive!

I don't deny it is addictive, but I'd rather play Master League or something on PES. A game mode where you actually have to build a team. Not buy one.

It's quite obvious that most players just play gold too. As I was saying to a mate the other day, the last time I tried to play on it, my bronze team was just getting put up against gold teams. It's pathetic. I may as well just play H2H.

Not being able to use your own formation is a joke too. And all that nonsense about team unity or whatever it is, is just plain nonsense. It's just a gimmick and doesn't do anything.

Each to their own mate anyway :thumbsup:

I don't deny it is addictive, but I'd rather play Master League or something on PES. A game mode where you actually have to build a team. Not buy one.

It's quite obvious that most players just play gold too. As I was saying to a mate the other day, the last time I tried to play on it, my bronze team was just getting put up against gold teams. It's pathetic. I may as well just play H2H.

Not being able to use your own formation is a joke too. And all that nonsense about team unity or whatever it is, is just plain nonsense. It's just a gimmick and doesn't do anything.

Not sure why that is happening to you, regarding your bronze team coming up against gold teams.
As whenever I use my bronze or silver teams , I only ever come up against the same kind of teams, plus you can tell by looking at the other teams rating as well to see what colour rated team they are likely to have.

As for formations, you can pick from 16 different ones?! I assume you mean team chemistry when talking about the team unity? It is not just a gimmick though, as try playing with a team with players on 3/4 chem and then with one with 100% you can notice a huge difference. Players make more runs , defend better ect.

Pick up pes and ill give you a pasting do some 2v2

I'm a massive FIFA player and thankfully I win a lot of tournaments so in return can buy players and packs.

I have still bought a few packs in the hope of getting a top player when EA do the double chance offer, I'd say I've spent £30 max overall.

@GregStarz

Zilch (But I did spend 20MS points that I had left over from XBL rewards, Which I spent on a 'free silver upgrade' when Fifa 12 first game out.

Don't see the point in spending real cash on virtual cards, when you can earn coins in-game to spent on packs..

Spent nothing.

EA must make a huge amount on this, many people I know spend more than the cost of the game itself.

I've just played lots of games and traded on the Web app whilst browsing the net. Got a stellar team now with Messi, Ronaldo and some TOTY players. I very rarely buy packs with in game coins just trade hard, easy to make a killing this way. It is very addictive collecting the cards - like being back in the playground in the 80s.

It all starts again next month though. Will trade my way up to a decent set of cards whilst others line EA's pockets.

Spent nothing.

EA must make a huge amount on this, many people I know spend more than the cost of the game itself.

I've just played lots of games and traded on the Web app whilst browsing the net. Got a stellar team now with Messi, Ronaldo and some TOTY players. I very rarely buy packs with in game coins just trade hard, easy to make a killing this way. It is very addictive collecting the cards - like being back in the playground in the 80s.

It all starts again next month though. Will trade my way up to a decent set of cards whilst others line EA's pockets.

You really should sell them mate. You could easily make over a million coins. 100,000 coins sell at the moment for £12 on Ebay, I myself made over £40 this week selling my coins on there.

Fifa 13 is out in a month of so then your players could well be worth half when that is out.

You would make over £100 for sure by selling your coins on Ebay..that would buy you Fifa 13 and still have £70 to keep!

I looked earlier and coins aren't going for as much as they were last week as I had about 420k to stick on there but I've decided to build one more teams as I'll not be getting Fifa 13 right away.

stu646 said:
You really should sell them mate. You could easily make over a million coins. 100,000 coins sell at the moment for £12 on Ebay, I myself made over £40 this week selling my coins on there.

I did this on Ebay with Fifa 11 coins last year and made over £200. Tried to sell some Fifa 12 coins about Easter time and the listing was ended by Ebay and I got an e-mail saying these type of listings aren't allowed. Shame as I had well over 2 million coins! I've noticed a lot of auctions still up there so not sure why mine flagged up but can't be bothered with the aggro.

Still, I can let my lad play FUT on my profile now without fear of him accidentally discarding Messi :) and I'll be able to add the best players to my Fifa Generations squad on the Web app (would love to see EA make more of this in-game in the future).

It looks like FIFA13 is giving UT a huge overhaul. It doesn't mean i'll be spending any money on it now :laugh: but I will give it a look this year.

I spent about 30 quid on the last one and i lost my team somehow so this year i am spending nothing on it. Can you create good teams without spending anything on it ?

I spent about 30 quid on the last one and i lost my team somehow so this year i am spending nothing on it. Can you create good teams without spending anything on it ?

Yeah by playing to earn coins to then wheel and deal... or buy the odd pack with coins and hope for a gem to sell at huge profit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom