How much have you spent on PC games in the last 12 months?

How much have you spent on PC games in the last 12 months?

• £1 - £49

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • £50 - £99

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • £100 - £149

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • £150+

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • £0

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Thinking about the preceding 12 months including run up to last Xmas, how much do you think you have spent on PC games?

Over £150. :)

Just sat there and figured it out and it's about £168 in the last 12 months, which includes birthday, anniversary, easter and most of this years christmas money.
Rest of this year's christmas money is being put into my bank by friends and family for the Steam Holiday sales :D

tris

I believe I'm in the £1 - £49 section - in the last few weeks managed to get two games (Bioshock and Age of Empires 3) for a bargainous £1.60!

I reckon just over £100.. cant say no to those steam deals!

I teach ICT at a secondary school, and predictably here a LOT about all the latest games and how good they are. My students are always gobsmacked by my game buying rule of <£15. Everything ends up there in the end, nowadays normally within a month or 2.

Most expensive game this year was borderlands, so I guess I'm in the 1-49 bracket. Steam sales are normally good to stock up on things and I don't think I'll ever tire of TF2...

I blame the steam sales as well for my spending. It's all the ones at a fiver or less and they add up :D

Retail games, nothing. Steam, a small fortune.

£265 give or take a couple.
That includes my 2 warcraft accounts

I think I'm around £120 this year which is more than usual. However I'm still to play £80 of those properly...lol. All on Steam, dont buy retail anymore as I just cant be bothered with installing, CD's, keys, etc.

Hunting for steam deals as well, but there was a lot of them and FM2010 only was 15quid, so definitely over 50. Dont regret though

Quite a few new releases and a load of steam bargains means i'm positive i've spent over £150 on pc games this year.

Over £150 for definite.

I thought the forum sections aren't allowed to have more than 2 stickies? :confused:

I suppose for marketing purposes it's OK. :rolleyes:

[-]I voted £150+, but I think its around that figure, either just under or over, but not into the £200+ Mark.[/-]

Edit: Just checked my list that I keep of money spent on me :blush:, and it appears I spent around £80, less than I thought, although if you chuck in Dead Space and Call of Duty Black Ops that I bought with cash from my Mum to give to myself for Christmas, that takes me over the £100 mark.

Last edited:
I thought the forum sections aren't allowed to have more than 2 stickies? :confused:

I suppose for marketing purposes it's OK. :rolleyes:

A recomendation more than a rule.

I've spent about £90 in the last year. going to spend more after Christmas though.

Ten pounds. Just decided to get back into gaming and bought Total War Empire & Napoleonics from steam. Over a day trying to download.

About £60 or so. Wanted to spend about £200 lol.

Retail until early summer when i discovered Steam and now GFWL and D2D. Retail games were more expensive but as said above all those cheap bargains add up. In total it's just under £100 but the Steam sale will see it go through it.

[-]I voted £150+, but I think its around that figure, either just under or over, but not into the £200+ Mark.[/-]

Edit: Just checked my list that I keep of money spent on me :blush:, and it appears I spent around £80, less than I thought, although if you chuck in Dead Space and Call of Duty Black Ops that I bought with cash from my Mum to give to myself for Christmas, that takes me over the £100 mark.

I since have bought tHe Vietnam and Specalt addon for BFBC2, then 6 copies of Fuel/Dirt/??? for my LAN mates, taing me over the £150 mark, and the Steam Sale has not started yet either....:rolleyes:

I don't know why I keep buying games, I've got about 30-40 to finish at the moment :thumbsdow but really that's actually :thumbsup: nothing wrong with being spoilt for choice.

i would put £150+ for steam purchases alone :)

I would say £150+ because i did buy the collectors of Starcraft 2 and WoW: Cataclysm and they are like £60 each! And i have been buying stuff on steam when the sales have been on.

I reckon i must be around £100, the upcoming steam sale will probably add some more.

Next year will be worse, alot of games coming out that i want and will probably pre-order rather than wait for steam sales like this year :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom