How much for used MA RS6?

canada16uk

Hey

Might be able to buy some used black RS6 that look in quite good cond.

I have never bought second hand before.

How much would you pay for the used MA RS6.

Thanks so much

canada16uk

Anyone?

want to make an offer, just dont know what I should be paying for a pair of RS6's used in black.

Thanks

funkyjazzboi

Standard Member
A simple way to get an estimate for used goods is to do a search on Ebay and choose the "Completed Listings" option in the left sidebar. This will tell you how much people have recently paid for the same item.

Also, if your item is in high demand, a cleverly worded listing may trigger a bidding war and fetch more than the item is worth.

canada16uk

Hey

Thanks for the advice, but I am not selling I am buying.

There is no were on ebay that I can see to find out what this item went for in the past.

What would you pay?

Thanks

canada16uk

Sorry just seen that completed section, they are selling from 330 to 400

Thanks

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
This is a very broad and general rule, but on anything used, the fair selling price is typically 50% of the actually market selling price (discounted price), then adjusted for condition.

I'm not sure about the RS but the RX are now selling for £750. So, the general starting price for used would be £350/pr adjusted for condition.

In near mint condition, perhaps £500 to £550. If they are a bit rough, then maybe £250 to £300. If they have been through the ringer, then perhaps £150 to £250/pr.

Regarding near mint condition, if the price gets too high, it becomes self-defeating. When the price starts to get too close to the price of a pair of new, most will opt to get new and get the backing of the dealer and the manufacturer's warranty.

Again, this is a very broad and general rule.

The only additional aspect is age. For something moderately new, say less that 3 yrs, the price remains high and follows the guideline. But as a product gets nearer 5 yrs and older, the price drops because of age alone. But again, this is still adjusted for condition. A pair of high demand speakers from an owner that took meticulous care of them, could command a relatively high price.

Lastly, is demand. Some equipment is in very high demand, taking on almost legendary status. On rare occasion, there are people who would prefer used over new, and in rare cases like this, it is conceivably possible for used to exceed the price of new.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom