1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much for sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by common, Aug 13, 2002.

1. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is it still £299 + £50 install ? then £10 pm

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Info taken from a post on the uk.tech.digitaltv newsgroup........

"Okay Guys and Gals just got off the phone after ordering Sky+ and got the following deal
    Classed as a loyalty deal for existing subscribers.
    Sky+ Box £199 (£101 off)
    Installation £50 (no change)
    I also asked for a mirror sub along with Sky+ Sub - This comes to an extra £22 but buy having both you get a £7 discount to leave £15 per month.
    One thing I'm not sure is if any of the offer is dependant on signing up to the full package as I was going to increase my package anyway what with the Footie season starting.
    And you have got to sign up for 24 months as well and if you don`t they will bill you for the diffrence."

I don't claim the post is accurate although there is no reason to post inaccuracte information when it can easily be confirmed if you ring the SKY number.

3. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks mate

Just called Sky and for customers over 12 months it is indeed £199 + free install.

For customers less than 12 months it's £300 but again with free install

4. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    £199 plus free installation?

Done. Now, what's the customer services phone number? :D

5. big.hal

big.hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £199... i'm a bit peeved. Had Sky installed on Friday /8 and paid £299 + installation When we got it we asked if there was going to be a reduction as got caught out when they gave the boxes away free. Was told no reduction was going to be offered. So we ordered, had it fitted, dropped the movies aand sport and were about to get second sub...and now this. :mad: . So just rang Sky+ and ask about the reduction and of cos it happened!!. I then asked if i could get the reduced price and second sub or I would cancel and order again!!...then man on the phone had to go and check and then told me it looks good but he had to "put it in writing" and I sould get a phone call tomorrow to find out.:blush: Hope its good news. Will let you all know when I find out.

6. Bal

Bal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    That post in uk.tech...was from me ;-) and I assure you it's as accurate as I could be.

Only query I have though is that someone mentioned the price as £199 incl free installation.

I specificaly asked this and was told that if you get the £199 deal then you pay for installation.

Anyone who's called Sky since yesterday care to verify this.

Cheers

Bal

PS If you are after a different source for the same info try

www.digitalspy.co.uk

7. thfccambs

thfccambs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,011
    if thats right about the new price for sky+ i will be on the phone this morning and get one orderd.i looked in to it about 3 weeks ago,£299 for sky+ £22 for card plus £50 installation.so i brought a tivo instead,that will have to be sold now.the missus will go through the roof.:p

8. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    The deal only applies if you are taking a second subscription.

I don't want a second subscription - I just want Sky+. :(

The deal as explained to me is :

Sky+ box £199 (normally £299)
    Installation £60 (normally £75)
    Extra monthly payment £15 (normally £22)

9. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

How I understand it is:

You only pay £15 a month if you have a mirror sub.(as you get this mirror for £5 a month for 12 months), if you don't have a mirror sub. then its just £10 a month (normal sky+ sub).

10. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    Not what they told me - the £199 price is only available when U take a 2nd subscription.

11. thfccambs

thfccambs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,011
    i paid for mine over phone today sky + £199, installation & move other box £60 other card with total package (thats on both cards)£15 a month,+ the £37 pound i already pay.= £52 a month,i was paying an extra £10 a month with tivo,so i am more than happy with this deal as a couple of weeks ago it worked out about £100 more for sky+ & extra £7 month on top.

:D :D

12. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think I can resist going for this offer. I've been quoted £60 for installation and relocating second box. Anyone managed to talk Sky into free installation? If so what tactics?:)

13. Stevie G

Stevie G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If it's not already been added, apparently you have to have been a Sky Digital customer for at least 12 months to qualify for the offer.

I paid £300 two weeks ago, but at least I know now I wouldn't have qualified for the offer anyway.....!

14. darrenf

darrenf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just called and been told i'm not eligable as you need to have been on the full package for at least 12 months (I was for about 6 months but for the past year I have only had the Sports Package £30pm). As a result I was quoted £300, can anyone else confirm what they have been told. Cheers

15. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered mine. £199 for Sky+, £60 installation and relocation of existing digibox, £15/month Sky+ subscription and mirror sub. Chap I spoke to at Sky reckoned he had just paid £300 for his and the offer was due to current over production of Sky+ boxes. But then I believe anything.

16. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Fairzo,
    Have you been on full package for 12 months ?
    I've only been on the standard package so am wondering if I'll have to pay £300

17. Bal

Bal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    John,

if it helps I wasn't on the top tier package either when I called about Sky+ though I did upgrade to it at the time of the call.

I have been with Sky though since the analogue days so don't know if that helped me get the cheaper deal.

Bal

18. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Ok - cheers mate - I've been with them for ages also - so I think it will be worth a call to them - I might even upgrade to the full package for a while if I have to

19. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just had Sky + installed 2 weeks ago, paid £350 incl. installation + £10 per month on top of my full package (£37).

I have had the full package for almost a couple of years but did not require a mirror installation for another room using my old Digibox - without the "mirror" installation are people now entitled to the new price (£199) or is this a dependency? If it is not a dependency has anyone in a similar position to me had any luck in getting a refund due to the close proximity of the purchase and 1/3 rd reduction in price?

20. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To JohnG, yes I have been on the full package since the analogue days and on Digital since I changed over about 18 months ago.

21. Coolcat

Coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered Sky+ (I have had Sky digital and the Sky World package for over 12 months) for £199 plus free installation. Also I didn't take up the mirror sub as I will be using my existing TV Link and its all been fitted next week:)

Does anyone know if the old Sky remote will work on the TV Link with Sky+ ?

22. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No

23. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To coolcat, how did you talk Sky into free installation? They didn't want to know when I tried.

24. Coolcat

Coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned Sky on 08702 432 480 and the lady offered me this deal. It might be because we have had Sky digital and the top package for a few years? I didn't expect the free installation so accepted the offer straight away

25. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had SKY Digital (Full package) since 1998. I will give them a call in the morning and let everyone know if i am offered free installation. SKY + looks much more attractive at these prices !:)

26. Bal

Bal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    That ****es me right off. It seems the deal you are offered is dependant on the operator you get.

Last Sunday I was told that I could get the special deal which included the £199 box and free installation. Their systems hadn't been setup for the new deal so I was told to expect a call the next day. No call came so I rang them up and this time a different operator insisted that the £199 did not come with free installation.

I will also be interested in what other people have been offered.

Cheers

Bal

27. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I've had the same thing. £199 but no free installation. I've been with Sky, always top package, since 1994. This is irritating.:mad:

28. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm well hacked off with this. I've had sky since 96 always having the full package available and paid 3 weeks ago £299 + about £50 instalation, wasnt offered this £199 thing and no other incentives. GGGrrrrrr :mad:

29. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Spoke to SKY this evening and was initially told that it would be £299 + installation. On pushing the guy a little further he checked my account. He then told me that because i had been with SKY digital for a long time then they would be able to offer me SKY + for £199. However, there was no mention of free installation. Apparently this offer is only available to 'special customers' (very League of Gentlemen !) and they are currently sending letters out to those people who qualify. I have decided to go for SKY + as the £100 discount is pretty good. They were able to offer me an installation date of Friday, Saturday or Sunday this week. Fantastic. I thought i would have to wait at least 2 - 3 weeks. I must also mention the fact that both the guys i spoke to at SKY were very helpful. So remember, if you call SKY and are told that it will cost you £299 just ask them to check your account. You may find that you too are a very special customer......;)

30. Fairzo

Fairzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    E-mailed Sky this morning asking just how 'special' someone had to be to get the free installation. No reply yet..........