How much for my Panny Plasma?

coffeeaddict68

:hiya:
I was going to sell my Panny TH42PX60 plasma telly with pedestal stand. It is about 3 years old and in excellent condtion. But I don't realistically know what to ask for it. I have been offered around £250 to £300 for it - is this too much or not?

I was going to buy the following -
Panasonic Viera TX-P50X20B Plasma HD Ready Digital Television, 50 Inch
from John Lewis which comes with a five year warranty aswell and only costs £649.

yes I know it doesn't have 1080p but it has that extra HDMI socket I want and also 50" screen size aswell. I am not expecting it to have the picture quality of higher end sets!! I didn't want to spend much because I am waiting for 3D TV to pick up and with my 15 month old daughter into everything:rolleyes: I thought this would be a good interrim TV.

Well........ what do all you wise ones think?:lease:
Chris S

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
If you were offered that kind of money you should take it right away if you want to upgrade. I would have thought the 'purple snake' problem that the PX60's suffered from would make it difficult to shift.

Matt543

I sold mine around this time last year for I think £400 so what you have been offered sounds about right.

leicester_boy

:hiya:
I was going to sell my Panny TH42PX60 plasma telly with pedestal stand. It is about 3 years old and in excellent condtion. But I don't realistically know what to ask for it. I have been offered around £250 to £300 for it - is this too much or not?

I was going to buy the following -
Panasonic Viera TX-P50X20B Plasma HD Ready Digital Television, 50 Inch
from John Lewis which comes with a five year warranty aswell and only costs £649.

yes I know it doesn't have 1080p but it has that extra HDMI socket I want and also 50" screen size aswell. I am not expecting it to have the picture quality of higher end sets!! I didn't want to spend much because I am waiting for 3D TV to pick up and with my 15 month old daughter into everything:rolleyes: I thought this would be a good interrim TV.

Well........ what do all you wise ones think?:lease:
Chris S

i sold my 42px70 for £300 last summer (to my missus) so yeah that sounds bout right for it and the x20 would be a good interim replacement.

coffeeaddict68

Thanks for all your replies......

I ordered my Panny this morning and will be delivered on Monday:p Got a buyer for my old Panny and accepted £275. So I only had to shell out £375 for the new one:thumbsup: and it comes with a 5 year warranty!!

Personally, I would have liked to have kept my old Panny and use it in another room but I physically don't have any space I could accomodate it.

Chris S

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom