how much for good audio setup

mercury2

I'm looking at TV's about £1k, probably the new panasonic plasma if it's as good as it seems
how much would I have to spend (roughly) to get an audio system that compliments this caliber of TV, would like to use it to get surround from ps3,sky+ and pc

I asked on here a while ago and from what I remember £500 was about the price of a decent amp/receiver, then there was the speakers on top of that, is as much as that needed?

DannyB79

Standard Member
Given the sources you are feeding through it I would have thought an amp for £300~ would be okay. I think I read someone preaching(and others agreeing) on here that you should spend 2 thirds of your combined Amp and speaker budget on the speakers, but I am sure if you allowed 300-400 for the speakers with that kind of price range amp then you will be okay.

dazza74

Distinguished Member
I'm looking at TV's about £1k, probably the new panasonic plasma if it's as good as it seems
how much would I have to spend (roughly) to get an audio system that compliments this caliber of TV, would like to use it to get surround from ps3,sky+ and pc

I asked on here a while ago and from what I remember £500 was about the price of a decent amp/receiver, then there was the speakers on top of that, is as much as that needed?

To make the most of the audio capabilities of the PS3 your looking at around £399 (Onkyo 605) amp is a popular choice and around £500-600 for speakers maybe (AE Aego T) speakers IMO. I've just ordered both of these two things as I'm upgrading for the first time in about 7 years.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom