• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How much for an injection?!

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Going to Saudi in a few weeks with my family and one of the requirements before you can get a Visa to go there is that you have a Meningitis injection.

Went to our GP (who we have been with for over 20 years) and he wants £35 for each one! There are 6 of us so he will be making £210 out of us! What an utter rip off :mad:

Other doctors in the area do it for £15-£20 which is still expensive but nowhere near that! We have asked them but they will not do it for us and told us to go to our own GP.

How on earth can they get away with charging these prices?!

pandemic

Are you sure a meningitis vaccine is required? I thought it was only Yellow fever which typically costs closer to £50.

Deadringers

Distinguished Member
Going to Saudi in a few weeks with my family and one of the requirements before you can get a Visa to go there is that you have a Meningitis injection.

Went to our GP (who we have been with for over 20 years) and he wants £35 for each one! There are 6 of us so he will be making £210 out of us! What an utter rip off :mad:

Other doctors in the area do it for £15-£20 which is still expensive but nowhere near that! We have asked them but they will not do it for us and told us to go to our own GP.

How on earth can they get away with charging these prices?!

when you say family i assume you have some kids? if so i thought kids that are in full time education get all that free and dental healthcare free also?

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Are you sure a meningitis vaccine is required? I thought it was only Yellow fever which typically costs closer to £50.

Im not too sure. My dad knows the details but thats all I can remember.

Something worth checking up on though from our agent.

when you say family i assume you have some kids? if so i thought kids that are in full time education get all that free and dental healthcare free also?

Its me, parents and siblings going (Im a good few years from having any kids yet!). All siblings do get free healthcare but this isn't included. Don't think it falls under any standard vaccine that is required for people in UK unless going abroad, so not covered under the NHS.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom