1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Does Sky Cost?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rotherhamfc, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Rotherhamfc

Rotherhamfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people. Just wondered if anyone could help me with my problem. I have just had Telewest installed upstairs, having SKY Digital downstairs, as i believe i cannot have 2 sky digital boxes in the same house? Is that right.

I thought Telewest cable would be fine, as the only things it really lacks over sky is more movie channels, and the odd other channel. But now SKY have just announced that Sky Sports Extra is gonna show lotsa of important footy matches over the next season, i am wondering whether i should look into the second box idea?

So can u tell me? Is it possible to get a second box in the same house, rather than having the same channel piped upstairs, and how much does it cost? Cost it definately isn't covered by the Free Box offer.

Can anyone help???!!

2. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi I tried to either buy outright or to subscribe for a year on the second box sky would not allow it,even when I offered to have a second telephone line connected for a year also plus a subscription.Sorry for the bad news.The cost off the box without subsidy would be £389.00
    with on a replacement for an exsisting subscriber £200

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: I am maximus ]