How much does a student have to pay to get a good all-round LCD?

Marcos

Established Member
Reaction score
size is flexible, budget has a limit of about £450 maxx but preferably £300

just wondering whats out there that'd handle PS2, Wii, DVDs and maybe occasionally 2nd monitor on laptop.

But most important is that it handles fast movies and games

thanks

I reckon a student will end up paying the same amount as everyone else
:rotfl:

The Dell 2001 WFP might be a possible option for you.

The Dell 2001 WFP might be a possible option for you.

Thats the 20" widescreen right? I think i'd be quite happy with that but does it have HD inputs? Or at least component (i'm still not sure on all this HD stuff yet)

I reckon a student will end up paying the same amount as everyone else
:rotfl:
just setting the scene for the question :eek:, dont want to make it sound like i've got a spare grand or two

Thats the 20" widescreen right? I think i'd be quite happy with that but does it have HD inputs? Or at least component (i'm still not sure on all this HD stuff yet)
I don't think Dell do a 2001 anymore. The 2007WFP is the 20" widescreen. It has VGA, DVI, S-Video and Composite.

If you want Component, you need to move up to the 2407WFP which is (as the name suggests) a 24" screen. Dell currently have it on offer for £566 all in.

There may be other brands of 20" monitor that have Component in, but I'm not familiar with them.

I mean the 2007, not 2001 and no it does not have component. It has DVI, VGA, S-Video and composite.

The Mirai ones look pretty good value, although I'm not sure how they perform

I'm holding off a year but I may be buying one as a computer monitor/bedroom TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom