How much does a student have to pay to get a good all-round LCD?

Marcos

size is flexible, budget has a limit of about £450 maxx but preferably £300

just wondering whats out there that'd handle PS2, Wii, DVDs and maybe occasionally 2nd monitor on laptop.

But most important is that it handles fast movies and games

thanks

CFCCFC

I reckon a student will end up paying the same amount as everyone else
:rotfl:

Marcos

The Dell 2001 WFP might be a possible option for you.

Thats the 20" widescreen right? I think i'd be quite happy with that but does it have HD inputs? Or at least component (i'm still not sure on all this HD stuff yet)

Marcos

I reckon a student will end up paying the same amount as everyone else
:rotfl:
just setting the scene for the question :eek:, dont want to make it sound like i've got a spare grand or two

Bursar

Thats the 20" widescreen right? I think i'd be quite happy with that but does it have HD inputs? Or at least component (i'm still not sure on all this HD stuff yet)
I don't think Dell do a 2001 anymore. The 2007WFP is the 20" widescreen. It has VGA, DVI, S-Video and Composite.

If you want Component, you need to move up to the 2407WFP which is (as the name suggests) a 24" screen. Dell currently have it on offer for £566 all in.

There may be other brands of 20" monitor that have Component in, but I'm not familiar with them.

salubrious_k

The Mirai ones look pretty good value, although I'm not sure how they perform

I'm holding off a year but I may be buying one as a computer monitor/bedroom TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom