How much does a second hand PSVR V2 go for these days?

alchemystical

Suspended
I'm tempted to give one of these a spin and was wondering how much the V2 goes for 2nd hand these days? Thanks

T0rNaDo

depends what it comes with.
games or extra's like move controllers and aim controller.
put the total price up... but if your looking at getting these too, then getting a bundle deal can sometimes be less hassle and cheaper.

but just on its own........ ild say anywhere around the £150 mark.. slightly more or less depends on age, condition and if boxed.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
You might also find that second hand psvr sells without the playstation camera. Make sure that it is included or budget for the camera if not included as its the only additional accessory that's mandatory for minimal vr experiences (as there are several quality free vr games/experiences on the ps store) . Move controllers are optional as many if not most vr games use the dualshock controller but it is of course recommended to get them too (as is the Aim Controller for a small selection of FPS games)...but you don't have to get them straight away if you want to stagger your expenditure over time.

Good luck, hope you get a good deal and enjoy this amazing gadget!

alchemystical

Suspended
Thanks lads, was wondering why there seemed to be such a huge spread on the prices as I couldn't tell what you needed and what was an optional extra because I thought the hat was the main bit.

It really does look like an impressive bit of kit though, not something I'd usually consider but seeing Driveclub in motion was something else!

T0rNaDo

standard is headset, camera and break out box with all the leads.
extras are motion controllers and aim controller.

normally when your buying 2nd hand your find the VR worlds code will normally be used by original buyer.
unless stated that its included.

yes it sure is mad.

played so far.
X wing VR mission for battlefront 1 is cool.
blood and truth.
firewall
GT sport
astrobot.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Thanks lads, was wondering why there seemed to be such a huge spread on the prices as I couldn't tell what you needed and what was an optional extra because I thought the hat was the main bit.

It really does look like an impressive bit of kit though, not something I'd usually consider but seeing Driveclub in motion was something else!
If you can, try to get one with some Move Controllers included. A lot of good games use them and they often go for silly money on their own.

Drive Club is visually not that great in VR, compared to a lot of games, but it is the only proper track racing game on PSVR. Gran Turismo Sport has a VR mode, but it is just 1v1 against AI or a time trial. Graphics are sharper on that though.

alchemystical

Suspended
Wowsers, those Move controllers can go for crazy money. Oddly though some listings show them selling for around £25 and others go all the way upto £100? What gives?

So what would the guide price be on a PSVR V2, camera and couple of those Move controllers then?

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Wowsers, those Move controllers can go for crazy money. Oddly though some listings show them selling for around £25 and others go all the way upto £100? What gives?

So what would the guide price be on a PSVR V2, camera and couple of those Move controllers then?
Bundles seem to be going for around £230 on auction sites. If you can get that with an Aim controller thrown in or a decent selection of games then it's probably a decent deal.

alchemystical

Suspended
Quick questions, does the V2 headset come bundled with a V2 camera? Whats the difference between a V1 camera and V2? Same with the Move controllers, V1 and V2 differences? Thanks

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Quick questions, does the V2 headset come bundled with a V2 camera? Whats the difference between a V1 camera and V2? Same with the Move controllers, V1 and V2 differences? Thanks
PSVR v2 has better cable handling and ability to feed 4k hdr through to TV which V1 couldn't do and meant constant switching of hdmi cables to use hdr on TV. So If you have a 4k hdr tv, it's recommended to get v2. If you just have normal HD TV, psvr V1 is fine if you find it considerable cheaper as vr performance is exactly the same.

No difference between camera V1 and v2

Moves V1 and V2 are identical except that V1 uses mini USB connectors and V2 uses micro USB connectors. If you find V1 cheaper, go for it. I have both types and neither makes any difference to tracking.

I dont know of any other differences, so maybe others can point them out.

alchemystical

Suspended
Cool, so the hat is the same with V1 and V2? I thought there were some kind of differences/upgrades apart from the HDR thing?

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Cool, so the hat is the same with V1 and V2? I thought there were some kind of differences/upgrades apart from the HDR thing?
Yep, the headset is the same in performance and comfort but to be more specific about the cable management is that with v2, the earphones plug directly into the headset and its cable neatly embeds into the back of the headset making it almost built in, whereas with v1, the earphones is plugged into a volume controller on the headset cable, so v2 is more comfortable in that there are less dangling cables hanging down from your headset. Some find that comfort worth the extra...not a big deal to me, personally but I do appreciate that extra cabling management comfort.

But as I say, if you find v1 selling for considerably less, then go for it but if the price difference is only ten to twenty pounds I recommend v2 for that extra comfort, future proof if you one day upgrade to a 4k hdr TV and knowing that v2 is a newer model so may last longer if you buying second hand.

Last edited:

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
PSVR v2 has better cable handling and ability to feed 4k hdr through to TV which V1 couldn't do and meant constant switching of hdmi cables to use hdr on TV. So If you have a 4k hdr tv, it's recommended to get v2. If you just have normal HD TV, psvr V1 is fine if you find it considerable cheaper as vr performance is exactly the same.

No difference between camera V1 and v2

Moves V1 and V2 are identical except that V1 uses mini USB connectors and V2 uses micro USB connectors. If you find V1 cheaper, go for it. I have both types and neither makes any difference to tracking.

I dont know of any other differences, so maybe others can point them out.
The old PS4 camera was rectangular, compared to the more rounded camera that came out later. Identical performance though.

The v1 move controllers are PS3 era, so the batteries might not be as good as a newer V2 model. Saying that, I have PS3 move controllers and they are fine.

As well as better cable management, the V2 headset has the volume and mic mute controls on the visor.

If you buy second hand, check the lenses as they can scratch easily. If you wear glasses, some sort of protection is recommended.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Top Bottom