• £450-£600

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Over £600

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the title says, how much do you spend on Christmas presents? Do you have a budget or just try and buy what people (kids) want?

up to £150 at the moment, we try and keep the cost down reasonably and I don't have a large family to buy for either. My daughter is only 2 so not a lot of point in spending lots on her as she doesn't really have a want for anything in particular yet. I am sure that in a couple of years that spend will increase once she decides what she really wants :D

Paying for our wedding in Feb so less that £50 this year and that's is just on our 2 nephews, our kids are both under three so not a lot...

This year I bought the wife a Kindle Fire HDX & 3 rings from Pandora (very fashionable with the girlies apparently) She bought me a PS4. I know who won out this year ;)
A couple of Xmases back I got her an Apple Macbook Pro. Cost me £1700!
Those days are long gone now :rotfl:

Around 500 each on the kids. We only spend 20 quid on each other as a little something off the kids each.

We try to get them everything they want for Christmas.

Daughter:
iPod Touch 32GB
28in Smart LED TV
Roller Boots
Converse All Stars
Sack of bits & bobs

Son:
PS Vita
Smartphone
360 games
PS3 games
Disney Infinity (as well as above)
Battroborg Arena
Sack of bits & bobs

Last edited:
I said £450 to £600. My wife and I try to spend £150 each on each other, then we also hit about £300 on the wider family too. Trouble is my Birthday is 1 week before Christmas, and my wifes is in January, so it just an expensive 6 weeks!

My daughter's birthday is December 12th, my wife's is 24th. Tell me about it :)

about £200/£250 each on the kids( 2 kids) and about £30 on each other.

Around 500 each on the kids. We only spend 20 quid on each other as a little something off the kids each.

We try to get them everything they want for Christmas.

Daughter:
iPod Touch 32GB
28in Smart LED TV
Roller Boots
Converse All Stars
Sack of bits & bobs

Son:
PS Vita
Smartphone
360 games
PS3 games
Disney Infinity (as well as above)
Battroborg Arena
Sack of bits & bobs

I like this... My first child is due in Jan and will always get him what he wants (providing I can also teach him not to be a spoilt shit)

The gift bundles look amazing too they are very lucky.

Atm I have done about 700 on my lady.

my son is only 2 so about £60 on him. me and wife spending about £50 on each other. then about £25 each on our parents. then some bits and bobs for cousins' kids etc.

My wife and I in total between us for all presents including those for each other about £1500, so I guess you could say we spend £750 each although it doesn't really work like that.

We also spend alot on food and drink though the people visiting contribute alot to that.

It's just the one time of the year we go a bit nuts, I just want everyone to be happy and excited christmas morning and perhaps I spend too much in pursuit of that.

I think im coming off best this year though as I've got an xbox one and games wrapped up and ready, thats for my birthday (today) and christmas though (but I get it at christmas). and other family have all contributed not just my wife.

I well smashed the budget this year!!!!

Daughter she's 8 had a budget of £400, just finished and its hit about £760!!! Not impressed with the mrs in all honesty!

16 month old daughter £200 Again only wanted to spend £150 Max

The Mrs about £300 clothes hair straighteners and other bits n bobs...

All paid by muggins here as "she only works part time"

Bought myself a ps4 though :D

I well smashed the budget this year!!!!

Daughter she's 8 had a budget of £400, just finished and its hit about £760!!! Not impressed with the mrs in all honesty!

16 month old daughter £200 Again only wanted to spend £150 Max

The Mrs about £300 clothes hair straighteners and other bits n bobs...

All paid by muggins here as "she only works part time"

Bought myself a ps4 though :D

£760 on an 8 year old !.

£760 on an 8 year old !.

Yeah tell me about it angers me ALOT! kept telling the Mrs thats enough and she just kept buying more...

Annoys me though as I said the the Mrs last year I am not spending that much as she came down the stairs last Christmas morning ( 2012 ) And the first things she said when we opened the door when santa had came was ( Answers below please )

A) WOW Santas been omg omg look at everything we have.
B) OMG Santas got me loads of presents I cannot wow I hope the pram I asked him for is in there.
C) Is that it? There was more there last year.
D) This is the best day ever!!

Lets just say it was C! I was gobsmacked! Just walked out the front room and started to cooker xmas dinner.

And I know this year will be the same the mrs spoils the kids I hate spending more than I need to on their presents.

The trouble is receiving so much at such a young age you might find each year could become a bigger headache trying to please.
We have 4 adult children and when they were young I found it hard when they came down on Christmas morning if the piles of presents weren't of equal size, even though we spent the same amount on each child.

I spend more than I can afford and less than I would like...:)

Roughly £1000 on the 5 of us. Then about £200 on extended family, which has got to bloody stop!

Probably about £200 each on the kids (6 and 3).

One has a kindle and some superhero stuff. The other has a scooter and a hot wheels garage.

I like to spoil the wife at Christmas and go a bit bonkers, not sure how much I will spend but it will probably be a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom