1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you game on your RPTV'S ??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by -=Maxed=-, Jan 2, 2004.

1. -=Maxed=-

-=Maxed=-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just like to know cos i was told its not good to game much on your RPTV'S !!!

Im just going to be careful with my new un :smashin:

Also if anyone knows.... When im using S-video the picture is very good but when i stick a game on using and xbox through a scart cable it gets a bit fuzzy....

Do you have to set up the convergence for evey input ?

2. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    same boat as you taking delivery of 42WH36 next tuesday and i play about, average 1hour a day when i have time and watch telly like 12-14 hours a day(i mean the tv is on for that time as brother uses it when i'm not there) so if anyone got tips fo what not do and an so on it would be apreciated!

3. Gillious

Gillious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keeping the contrast low can help reduce the risk of screenburn. As for the fuzzy image I’m not 100% sure but if the XBOX outputs a composite signal via scart then this would explain it. S-video, RGB and Component provide a much more stable/sharp image.

4. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The standard scart cable that comes with the XBOX is only composite, you need to go and get a decent RGB lead for the xbox, the difference is like night and day...

Also be wary of some cheap after market leads, it can be hit and miss, some are excellent, some are crap..

The Microsoft advanced scart lead, (RGB) is good.. but costs more,