Question How much did you pay for all your home cinema system?

Jay130984

I have a very understanding Wife so the cost was £00000 she bought it all
I do love her:love:
I wasn't fully truthful, i did buy the Harmony Elite in the Amazon sale:blush:

gibbsy

I wasn't fully truthful, i did buy the Harmony Elite in the Amazon sale:blush:
Well you damn cheat sir. How lucky are you that Jeremy Kyle is no more.:nono:

Jay130984

Well you damn cheat sir. How lucky are you that Jeremy Kyle is no more.:nono:
My be The Kyle Files will look into any injustice

JiffOrangery

I gave all my old stuff away and decided to start again with mine, I tried to do mine on the cheep with a dedicated room and bought many things on here (most tbh) however I fear her indoors would still be astonished (looks behind him).....

JVC X5000 (AVForums with new bulb) - £1500
JVC 3D kit and 2x glasses (AVForums) - £50
Sapphire 92" electric screen (eBay - small mark) £100
Kef Q4 (eBay - mains) - £90
Kef Q100 (AVForums - surround rears) - £100
3 X Kef Ci130QR ceiling (new - center and surrounds) -£510
4 X Kef Ci130ER ceiling (new - Atmos) - £400
Yamaha RXV-2067 (AVForums - used as a power amp now) - £250
Yamaha RXA-3050 (AVForums) - £500
Sony X800 UHD player (AVForums) - £120
Nvidia shield (eBay) - £100
Harmony Elite (new) £120
Mac Pro circa. 2012 plus HDDs (eBay - Plex server) - £700
Cables (new) - £350
Materials for rack - £100
Materials for bulkhead/spotlights/paint £250

That's around £4840 all in plus my time to build the bulkheads in the ceiling etc, install everything and paint. It does not include all the tools (approx £1K) and I'm very happy with it but still need a sub or two to go with the current 7.0.4 setup.

Jon

xar

Hard to answer accurately, but with the Storm Amp, Lumagen, Ls10500, Neo-S screen, and the paradigm sub 1 it’s at least £20k.

Thats before the fronts and rears (maybe another £5k), and previous models including Arcam 550, velodyne dd12+, paradigm sub 25, dual velodyne something’s, Sony 4k projector, JVC x500...

That doesn’t include building and extending and furnishing the dedicated room right enough. So maybe £30k

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Far too much!!.lol..wouldn't change it for the world though, worth every penny.

Kef T105 package £1200
×4 Kef T series speaker stands £200
×4 cambridge audio minx speakers £150
BK sub £220
Epson EH-TW7400 £1400
Marantz SR6012 £750
Samsung 4k spinner £300
Xbox One S £200
Couple of projector screens £180
Hisense 65" TV £650.

Probably another £2000 to turn the spare room into our dedicated room( currently used as a bedroom again for the time being :mad: lol)

Last edited:

thinksat

Standard Member
I guess im at ... £26-28k ignoring the build.. but that includes all the AV, chairs, part of the network.
God, have I really spent that much....F**

image7.jpeg

and perhaps another 2-3 to go to finish the starscape lighting, sound absorbers etc..

Johno0885

Very nice but Pricey

paulukhenry

Standard Member
Your plan diagram looks impressive. Could you share how it was done. Did you use architect to draw it?
Hi,

Its a steelwork modelling program that I use for my business. But its quite adaptable and was a bit of fun drawing it and a good record of my distances
Cheers
Paul

paulukhenry

Standard Member
Hi,

Its a steelwork modelling program that I use for my business. But its quite adaptable and was a bit of fun drawing it and a good record of my distances
Cheers
Paul
Tell you what, if you send me your room dimensions and a list of your equipment, I'll put one together for you.

rshank64

Novice Member
Tell you what, if you send me your room dimensions and a list of your equipment, I'll put one together for you.
Great, Many thanks for your generous offer. I will be happy to accept:)
Although it could be challenging as I have a 7.2.6 Atmos setup! Currently the speakers placement is not very optimised but rather placed where it is convenient!!
I will do some room measurements and send you the details.

bgalakazam

Standard Member
$4,250 for the OLED, AVR and 5.1.2 Klipsch setup. Also not included is another $500 for an old AVR and $600 for old plasma. 💸

IWC Dopplel

I think my current kit excluding build, velvet etc, is probably quite a bit, but it's been evolution over 10-15 years . I bought my naim 135's when they were £1,200 a pair, four pairs so about £5k, my Sonus Faber speakers have cost about £12-15k over the years, recent PJ, Lumagen and Panasonic 9000 approx £10k, screen £2k including masking. I will be spending over or under £10k on a new processor. I've made my own cables, stretched velvet and mounted screen and PJ myself, so I don't over spend and I haven't lost any money on speaker and amps. By the time I'm done it will be over £40k, I think.

When I move I will probably move from repurposed HiFi to Cinema kit, depending on room size etc. Seems 'crazy' but people will blow £10k a year on car depreciation. So £40k over 10+ years is only £4k per year or £300 a month. Adjust for the retained value and I bet it's only £150 a month or £40 a week (I used to spend that on coffee when I worked in town !), I love my Cinema and look forward to putting a film on Friday nights

BriD

Oh... crikey.

Panasonic 65 DX902- £3000
Panasonic UHD player - £300
Marantz 7010 - £1000
LCR MK IW150 - £3600
MK K4 (ebay) - £60
DIY rears - £100
Ceiling speakers - £200
DIY 15" sub - £500
iNuke 3000DSP for above - £200
MK V12 sub (ebay) - £600
Nakamichi AVP1 (AVF classifids) - £200

£9760.

Add in remote / cables and it'd be a nudge over £10K.

Honestly, I'd do it again. We watch a film as a family probably twice a week and the kids love it.