How much could I sell this Quad II Amplifier for?

washleshr

Novice Member
I inherited this amplifier and was hoping to sell it but I'm unsure how much it would sell for. Can anyone help? Also where would be the best place to sell it? ebay?
PXL_20211229_142838095.jpg

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

I've no idea what it's worth, others may prove more useful. However you can offer the amp for sale in our classifieds.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Easiest way to price is look at the sold item price on either Ebay or Hifishark to give you an idea of what stuff has sold recently for. Worth noting these are pretty collectible and should fetch a decent price especially if they are fully working.

Hear Here

Definitely check them out to make sure they sound good, as otherwise you may only get a "breaking for spares" price. Still worth good money as they were just about the best money could buy in the early 1960s. My 1962 HiFi Year Book lists them at £25 each for II power amps and £22-10-0d for the 22 Control unit. You should make a mutlti-fold profit compared with their new price!

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
My 1962 HiFi Year Book lists them at £25 each for II power amps and £22-10-0d for the 22 Control unit. You should make a mutlti-fold profit compared with their new price!

Hmmmm, £72 in 1962 is worth £1570 today taking inflation into account therefore you may just about break even if they are fully working and you are lucky to find a buy to pay top end price. Still, not bad for 60 years of quality sound for nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom