1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much could I sell AVC A1SE for?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kane D Williams, May 23, 2002.

1. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My amp is a grey import, I think from Germany. I was thinking of upgrading it to the KAVC A1SE, but may now sell and buy the A1SR? What is my A1SE woth?

Thanks

Kane

2. Army Bloke2

Army Bloke2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In these days of depreciating av equipment I would say ooohh, about a tenner:devil: ;) Including postage.:p
    Can I have first refusal?:D

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi the a1se in its unmodified state should fetch between £1200 and £1400. i just bought a 4 month old one for £1300 but i knew the buyer quite well so new its history i intend to upgrade mine as soon as the flight cases and boards come in so i should have a top amp for £1900.
    Looking at a previous post of yours i noticed your concerns over the grey import issue i think u should get your current amp upgraded imhp it should sound no different from anyone elses.

in regards to a price for your grey import i wouldnt even be able to guess im affraid, but i will certanly cost u more to flog it and buy the new amp u mention

regards
    richard

4. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you are adopting an expensive approach ... get it upgraded.

5. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for your replies.

Army Bloke2,

make it £15.63p and you have a deal!

Seriously, according to members of this forum, the A1SR can be had for £2100! Even if this is a grey import, it is still worth concidering if I can get £1400 for my A1SE, as you suggest, this would only mean an additional £100 over the upgrade. That's not much for the other added features!

Kane

6. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Kane,

Put it up everywhere for £1450 and see what happens. People will most likely put an offer in then you can decide what to do.

Realistically don’t expect more than £1400, that's what mine went for and I sold mine before the upgrade was released and before the AVC-A1SR.

Good luck.

PS. The AVC-A1SR is worth the effort over the A1SE, but I can't say that it's much better than the upgraded unit.

Mark