Question How much better is the LG 2017 series over the 2016?

JamesP1701

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have the 55 e6 and am just wondering how much of a change/improvement the b7 is?

Any thoughts welcome!

James

Hi all,

I currently have the 55 e6 and am just wondering how much of a change/improvement the b7 is?

Any thoughts welcome!

James
I got both well had the E6 now got the E7 and there is a little difference. HDR is brighter on the E7 and blacks are slightly darker, and the overall picture is pretty much like that too. The picture on Sky channels is better on the E7 by quite a bit too.

Not enough to upgrade! :)

2019 might be be my next upgrade. HDMI 2.1 should be an actual confirmed thing by then.

I own a late 2017 Panasonic oled that uses a 2017 LG panel which shows significant improvement in highlight and shadow detailing over the 2016 panel which I owned but have now passed on.However the improvements could be as a result of the panasonics processor so you would need to factor this in.
Tony

I have both My E6 and Philips 9002 and whilst the Philips just show a better picture, I wouldn't say its large enough to warrant an upgrade imo, unless you got a less than perfect panel in your E6. I was fortunate as my E6 panel shows no signs of the usual problems associated with OLED panels, ironically there's more banding on my philips than on my E6, albeit it's not bad by any means

I got both well had the E6 now got the E7 and there is a little difference. HDR is brighter on the E7 and blacks are slightly darker, and the overall picture is pretty much like that too. The picture on Sky channels is better on the E7 by quite a bit too.

Like yourself i had the E6 and now have the E7....i think there's a massive difference...I've yet to see posterization....floating blacks on the E7 but this issue was common whilst i had the E6, the E7 picture is also much clearer /cleaner....if i was OP i wouldn't upgrade till this years 2018 sets come out though.

Mod edit: Can you please use more suitable screenshots. This is a family forum and whilst your pictures are not too unpleasant, they are not acceptable either. Find another source for displaying your issues.

Well I can confirm that the E7 does show posterisation and colour graduation but it’s my only issue and I’ve no bands and no tint and motion is perfect so it’s my one and only fault as nothing’s perfect but they say it’s poor source material that shows it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so sorry I didn’t realise what I’d posted,it wasn’t an 18 film or even a rude one it was The Danish Girl on itv last night with Eddie Redmayne and a really good film but apologies on my behalf.
I was just showing some bad colour graduation and a nude bum was in shot Be was very tasteful and not rude at all but not right for a family forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom