1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much better after the run in?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by xx396, Sep 13, 2005.

1. xx396

xx396
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just set up my first plasma which is a TH42PE50 for the bedroom before I get a 50 HD panel for the living room :) I noticed from the off that the picture was absolutely stunning and had it set to about 25% on both contrast and brightness. I'm not officially doing a super quick runin since how I like the picture is obviously fine, I'm just avoiding logos. After about 40 hours the phosphors seem to be glowing brighter than out the box and the picture doesn't seem quite as good or it may just be me? I have the constrast on about 20 and the brightness on 0 now and the whites still seem washed out. Will this subside after the 200 hours?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    they certainly improve with time but its a gradual process and you don't really notice it happening (or i didn't) I would definitely recommend ISF calibration by one of the fine genleman round here like Piers.

3. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    I found the picture on my H 7200 got brighter too, during the first few weeks.
    This was confirmed by the Avia disc, which I've run 4 or 5 times.
    It settled down about a month ago.
    I've just realised I've had it for 4 months :eek:
    And that's with about 8 hours a day = about 700 hours.
    200 hours is not enough, having looked at it, in my opinion.

4. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I would say there is a difference for sure after time but it is is so gradual u dont really notice it u just think the pture looks good better then when u first got it. that is the case for my mums pe50 saw it yesterday after about 2 months alot better then i remember but still not on par with my pw6 ;)