How much actual difference between 1.0 gain & 1.2?

Johnny.A

Established Member
Reaction score
As title as just brought a 1.2 gain screen after being recommended it on ebay but the texture of the screen is crap! you can see it in the picture! :( so after being burn't by that and cutting my loses i want to buy a decent screen like a beamax etc but seem like most are 1.0 gain so will it make a massive difference? By the way its in a light controlled room.

Had the same problem myself, bought a cheap 1.2 gain screen from ebay and thought the same as you being able to see the material through the picture was not what I wanted I really couldn't live with it.
Got rid of that and bought a 92" Beamax M-Compact in black from CVS Media and the difference is amazing, you can actually see the picture now instead of the screen.
For me the difference between 1.2 and 1.0 gain was huge, although it could just have been a crap screen.
It was nearly 4 times the price but money very well spent I feel, personally I would recommend the Beamax range they are very well built all round.
Andy

yeah think will be getting a beamax learn't my lesson with cheap ebay stuff what pj are you using btw? Cheers

Brought a beamax r series manual 92" today got a nice little deal for £130 and its awesome so much better! cheers for the advise! :smashin:

It was a one off special deal as a shop i know had one as excess stock so i picked it up on the cheap ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom