How many versions of x men wolverine do we need??

JEFF62

I bought X Men Origins Wolverine yesterday. All I want is the blu ray to watch the film in HD on my tv. But what do you get? A triple play edition which according to the packaging "plays anywhere"! You get the blu ray disc, the dvd version and a version to download on to a PC. Do they think people will watch this film on a daily basis? This seems totally over the top. When I want to see it again i will still want to watch the blu ray. Im not likely to think "I will watch it on my laptop today as I watched the dvd version yesterday!"

Adama

Novice Member
One is too many :devil:

dts197

Distinguished Member
I don't think it actually bumps up the price of films, at least I haven't noticed. Quite alot of people like the digital copies to watch on their portable video players while travelling.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
I'm in favour of them if they keep the price down. It's handy having a DVD version if you just fancy watching something in bed where most people don't have BD players (although I do). Useful to lend out to other people as well - as long as you trust them! Digital copies are a load of rubbish though.

philbam

Novice Member
I bought X Men Origins Wolverine yesterday. All I want is the blu ray to watch the film in HD on my tv. But what do you get? A triple play edition which according to the packaging "plays anywhere"! You get the blu ray disc, the dvd version and a version to download on to a PC. Do they think people will watch this film on a daily basis? This seems totally over the top. When I want to see it again i will still want to watch the blu ray. Im not likely to think "I will watch it on my laptop today as I watched the dvd version yesterday!"
I think that they are great.:thumbsup: My daughter buys the dvd off me for a fiver (she was going to get it anyway), so it saves her money, and gets me the blu ray for £12.99. I must admit that I find the 'digital' copies a waste of time, but lots of people don't.
We are doing the same for Ice Age 3 and Night at the Museum 2 as well.
Saves me £15.00 overall and my daughter slightly more.
Win, win situation.:smashin:
Also watched Wolverine last night and my wife and I loved it, probably more so that the 3 previous X men, although we love them as well.
Awesome picture quality and lossless sound as well.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

nipbiplip

This statement is misleading, or at worst, false advertising, as this title will not play in my PS3 when I submerge it in a bath filled with Tizer.

Or Lilt.

I would prefer the Blu Ray version to come in the DVD box for free. Maybe tempt a few people to upgrade.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Haven't they heard of global warming? The rental is one disc only. Stick with that.

Bri

Last edited:

Hakagure

Banned
Well I have a Blu Ray Player at home to watch the Blu version. I also take my PC offshore to work with me on the rig and having your own library of films on it for those times the Sky TV is either not working or blanked out by weather is pretty handy. I share a cabin with a lad who works nights so the DVD copy will be donated to our growing collection, other lads who maybe havent seen it will also get the chance.

Not everyone spends every night at home and the triple version suits me nicely. Besides why complain about getting more for your money ??

philbam

Novice Member
Well I have a Blu Ray Player at home to watch the Blu version. I also take my PC offshore to work with me on the rig and having your own library of films on it for those times the Sky TV is either not working or blanked out by weather is pretty handy. I share a cabin with a lad who works nights so the DVD copy will be donated to our growing collection, other lads who maybe havent seen it will also get the chance.

Not everyone spends every night at home and the triple version suits me nicely. Besides why complain about getting more for your money ??
Quite right. As stated earlier in this thread i get more for LESS money:thumbsup:

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
I think it's a great idea, We get to watch the bluray in the living room and my son can have the DVD in his room.

Digital copy is useless tho as I just rip the DVD with anydvd

darklight

You guys better be quite about critizing Wolverine:nono: Can't you tell by the amount of ads on this site for the BD, you're sure to be assassinated unless you buy every edition....:D

Sonic67

Banned
Isn't it so you can keep the blu-ray version and can flog the DVD thus reducing the price you paid in the first place.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom