How many times has your Sky+ missed progs?

S

sponshagga

Thought I'd start a thread on this. As I've come to learn that you can't trust the sky+. You cant just program it and then you get all your progs recorded. I've had mine since the beginning of February and it has lost , not recorded or part recorded (that being just a few minutes) 8 programmes in that time. So is mine a bad box or is this the Norm? lets compare notes

Starburst

Novice Member
I have had mine too long to even guess at a figure:)
Lost the first 3 late night repeats of SG1 back in 2001, remember those since I talked to SKY+ CS quite a bit and back then they were very knowledgeable and had direct access to a SKY+.
I had a failed recording of a late night rerun of Xena last year mind you there was a thunder storm at the time and my other digibox didn't fare too well either.

So that's at least 3 failed recordings with an unkown or unexplained reason in well over 2 years of use.

S

sponshagga

Am i recording the wrong programmes or something? i'm certainly not programming it wrongly

Starburst

Novice Member
There are problems, no doubt about it.
The main difficulty is that SKY+ works off the EPG and SKY has ZERO control over how accurate or updated this source of information is and the recent dual recording upgrade seems to have clouded the issue even further.
I also have no doubt that buggy SKY+ software and hardware issues also play their part in failed/missing recordings and I thank whoever is listening that I don't have these problems.

More info over at the PVR forum at DS.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom