How many sockets behind AV cab?

Harkon321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure this if this is the right forum or not ... o_O

Corner of the new cinema room will have a 27u cab with all the usual collection of amps, consoles, players, streaming bars etc.

Is it ok to plug the amps in to a rack mounted power bar, or should they have their own socket?

Should I plug high current items like the AVRs/Power amp in to sockets and then use the power bar for smaller stuff? Just debating how many sockets to ask for without going over the top.

We normally use a vertical power bar at the back of the cabinet, as this provides the possibility of larger power bar in a smaller format rather than a horizontal one

As regards plugging in AVRs etc then as long as the load doesnt exceed the rating of the power bar there is no reason why they cant be plugged into the bar.

Add how many devices you are likely to have add 50% to size up the size and/or the number of power bars required. For actual sockets take the number of power bars above and double or triple

Very rough rule of thumb

41ytO6oNGIL._AC_.jpg

10 Way vertical power bar

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Cheers that's good value. Will just have a look how a vertical one fits in the rack. Many thanks

For most cabinets we require 2 double sockets (not spurred). Then as Seb has shown, we would just install 2 PDUs (Power Distribution Units) inside The Cabinet

For my smaller cabinet at home I use a pair of 19" PDUs fastened to the rear rails in the cabinet. One of the PDUs is connected to a UPS for critical components.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom