How many players have DVI out?

johnrevill

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a Philips 17" widescreen LCD for the bedroom and looking for a DVD player to hook-up to it.

The TV has a SCART and a DVI in. I've got a regular Sky box going into the SCART and I was planning on plugging a DVD player into the VCR socket on the Sky box. Before you all gasp at this, I would like to use the DVI in but don't really know of any players that have this type of connection...

Can anyone help me out?

cheers,
John

Hi John. There are a few players with DVI and even more with HDMI (you can buy DVI to HDMI leads). Have a look around at some of the threads... clue: 350 / 850 / 950 / Oppo. ;)

One thing to note - DVI doesn't carry any audio...PJ

Doh - didn't realise you could get convertor cables..!

I've just ordered a Toshiba SD350 for the lounge. Might have to get another for upstairs if I like it..! As for the sound - there is an audio in but I'm not sure if I'd get sound from that source when the DVI input is selected...

johnrevill said:
Doh - didn't realise you could get convertor cables..!

I've just ordered a Toshiba SD350 for the lounge. Might have to get another for upstairs if I like it..! As for the sound - there is an audio in but I'm not sure if I'd get sound from that source when the DVI input is selected...

You'll get stereo out no probs with DVI selected so if your display has stereo audio in then you should be sorted...PJ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom