• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How Many People Do You Know ?

signs

Banned
This has crossed my mind a bit in the last few days ,and i can't work it out :suicide:

People that you know criteria ....

1..... You must know their first and last name

2.... if they saw you in the street they would acknowledge you

i know it's a stupid thread, but hey ho :)

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I'm confused, is this a genuine question or a riddle of some sort?

And by acknowledge does them ignoring you count as they see you there and are acknowleding you by not talking etc?

Lee

6 degrees of separation

Is that a band that you know :confused:

If you took out family and a few friends then i'm left with not much more than the few people I met at the golf day.

Even then Abbeygoo would just walk straight past :D

signs

Banned
Is that a band that you know :confused:

If you took out family and a few friends then i'm left with not much more than the few people I met at the golf day.

Even then Abbeygoo would just walk straight past :D

:rotfl:

but to be fair, i doubt he would remember your surname :)

signs

Banned
I'm confused, is this a genuine question or a riddle of some sort?

And by acknowledge does them ignoring you count as they see you there and are acknowleding you by not talking etc?

if you knew their first and last name then that would count ,if they can't stand you it still counts :D

kopchoir

Banned
hundreds probably thousands and thats not including work
before i packed the nursing in i used to be in tesco doing the shopping with the wife and little one and someone would come up to me and say hi how are you id say ok you well no:rolleyes: now that you have cured me i have diabetes, i would reply really the sugars that way:D used to really really wind me up no end

Ian J

Banned
This has crossed my mind a bit in the last few days ,and i can't work it out :suicide:

We've lived in this close of ten houses for eleven years and I wouldn't mind betting that some of the neighbours don't know my surname even now.

Steven

Senior Moderator
People wave and say hi to me. People I have been going to the same lectures with for 2-and-a-bit years. People I do not know the first names of :D My bad

C225

Distinguished Member
We've lived in this close of ten houses for eleven years and I wouldn't mind betting that some of the neighbours don't know my surname even now.

I only know the surname of my two neighbours either side of me. Only know the first name of a handfull more in the street. And i've lived here 19 years:D

Marky1973

I get a lot of people asking me where they know me from and I have no idea who they are......

I know that sounds a little big-headed in some way, but it does happen quite a lot and is really baffling

Orson

You're not undergoing financial services training are you :devil:

That was a question I was asked as part of my 'training' many many years ago...

I got to 96 (I remember it exactly), when the 'manager' stopped me and said "there are your first 96 leads" :rolleyes:

That was the point at which my promising career in the financial sector came to an abrupt end :smashin:

MWP1985

Interesting question. I probably know over a hundred people - mostly from my school days when I would have been around them more - and would recognise them if I saw them in the street but whether or not they'd acknowledge me (or I'd acknowledge them, for that matter) is a different story.

So, having thought about it, and not including relatives there's probably around thirty people who I'd actually feel like talking to if I saw them. They're mostly friends who I've known for years and a few people I work with.

The people I find funny are the willy-wavers on Facebook who claim to have something like '346 friends'. Somebody I know had a list like this and I found that they actually personally knew less than 30 of them. I have a Facebook account and only add people to my friends list who I've either talked to in the relatively recent past or knew very well back at school but don't often see in person anymore.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
go on then, who are they ? :)

Mike Peters from The Alarm *, Craig Adams from Sisters of Mercy/The Mission, Billy Franks from Faith Brothers. I haven't seen Craig for a long time and don't know him that well, so it'd be 50;50 if he remembered my name.

BTW, they're decent chaps, the lot of 'em.

* I even have a 'thanks' in an Alarm CD, and on the credits at the end of a DVD.

Steve W (fried of the famous :rotfl: )

ps. There are 650 pupils, 50 teaching staff and a couple of dozen non-teaching staff at my school, and I know most of their first names, and they all know me.

SW

Last edited:

Dony

Distinguished Member
This thread got me thinking last night, and I reckon I must know well over 1000 people to say hello too.

I have almost 700 contacts on my phone (which don't include past contacts from previous employment), I come from an area where everyone knows everyone, and I help out with a local football team.

So why can I never find anyone to go for a pint with?? :confused:

Dony

Distinguished Member
Mike Peters from The Alarm *, Craig Adams from Sisters of Mercy/The Mission, Billy Franks from Faith Brothers. I haven't seen Craig for a long time and don't know him that well, so it'd be 50;50 if he remembered my name.

In 1985 The Alarm were backing up U2 in Dublin and I was in the hotel where Mike Peters and the rest of the band where having a beer before the concert. I went over to get an autograph from Mike Peters which he signed.....and gave me a spare pint that was on the table.

Seemed like a top man. :thumbsup:

signs

Banned
This thread got me thinking last night, and I reckon I must know well over 1000 people to say hello too.

I have almost 700 contacts on my phone (which don't include past contacts from previous employment), I come from an area where everyone knows everyone, and I help out with a local football team.

So why can I never find anyone to go for a pint with
?? :confused:

because they all know you :devil::D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom