how many pc's

riprse

Established Member
Reaction score
hi can some one tell me how many pc's can i plug my iphone into before it wipes everything on it? iv'e had 2 laptops die on me since ive owned my iphone & now i have a pc. if i connect my iphone to my new pc will it wipe all my music & stuff
thanks

It can only be synchronised with one PC. You can connect it to multiple PC's and drag and drop music onto it, but it can only be synchronised in full with one PC at a time.

That's presuming you sync using iTunes. If you use other programs, like Songbird, your options are less restricted. Google for alternatives to iTunes.

It can only be synchronised with one PC. You can connect it to multiple PC's and drag and drop music onto it, but it can only be synchronised in full with one PC at a time.

does this mean if i wanted to simply add 1 track to my ipod from my work pc (when the unit is sync'd with my home pc) I can do it - if so how do I?

does this mean if i wanted to simply add 1 track to my ipod from my work pc (when the unit is sync'd with my home pc) I can do it - if so how do I?

You can drag and drop music from another library onto your iPhone. Once you have the iPhone displaying in iTunes on your work PC, find the music you want in your library and drag and drop it onto your iPhone.

You can drag and drop music from another library onto your iPhone. Once you have the iPhone displaying in iTunes on your work PC, find the music you want in your library and drag and drop it onto your iPhone.

I just tried this and it wasn't having it. Am I doing something wrong.

I don't have an iPhone handy to me at the moment so can't run through it and see if my comments are 100% accurate I'm afraid.

I *think* there's an option you have to check in the iPhone settings (within iTunes) to enable this. I can't recall the option at the moment - something along the lines of "treat as mass storage" I think?

Regards,

Kelvin.

I *think* there's an option you have to check in the iPhone settings (within iTunes) to enable this. I can't recall the option at the moment - something along the lines of "treat as mass storage" I think?

Regards,

Kelvin.

I've just checked and there is no option in the iPhone menus (while connected to iTunes). I know there is for regular iPods though as i used to use mine that way.

It's entirely possible, of course, that I'm talking gibberish and finally the voices in my head have gotten to me. Stranger things have happened....

it's wierd though as my coloegue is able to listen too music and watch videos on his ipod on the work PC but i'm not.

Last edited:
If you download Media Monkey, that allows you to drag and drop onto the iPhone/iPod as it installs a plug in to do it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom