Question How many Oled TVs have you bought and kept for at least 6 months before selling?

D

Deleted member 507786

5 for me. How about you? broken or repaired oleds don’t count, just ones that you have bought and it’s be fine just decided on an upgrade or downgrade or another one for your collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope that the £2.1k I've just shelled out for a new 65'' OLED will last me at least six years before I even think about an upgrade, same as my current Panny plasma has.

What did you buy?

Very interested to know what you bought as still trying to decide on next upgrade.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that the £2.1k I've just shelled out for a new 65'' OLED will last me at least six years before I even think about an upgrade, same as my current Panny plasma has.
Yep, I think I went a bit crazy! Wise owning one for 6 years.

On my third - 55" B6 to 55" C7 (insurance payout following burglary) then to my current 65" C8 (wanted a bigger screen)

Suspect this one will last me a good few years

One. Seeing as a size increase isn’t possible in my room, it will remain at one until it goes wrong or a significant technology advancement renders it obsolete.
I see nothing new on the horizon that I’m likely to be fussed about so far.

One.

Can't see me upgrading anytime soon tbh. I have no real need for a 4k tv, and I have the best 1080p available so...

I have an LG 65" e6 and had it for over a year - best TV ever and unless they release another TV with 3d that's better - then it's staying put until it dies.

I have an LG 65" e6 and had it for over a year - best TV ever and unless they release another TV with 3d that's better - then it's staying put until it dies.
That’s the one I have at present the LG 65e6v, I have also had the LG 65e7v, LG 55ea980w, Panasonic cz950, LG 55b7v and another 55 inch LG can’t think of the name, I also had the Sony A1 65-inch for a week but didn’t like it at all.

Here’s a question then how many TVs have you owned in total? Sony 15-inch TV, Thompson 24-inch TV, a Philips 32pf9831d lcd tv, Sony 46hx803 tv, Panasonic 50v20, Panasonic 50gt50, Panasonic 50vt65 and a Pioneer 5090 plasma TV. Plus my Oled TVs. 13 TVs I have owned how about you?

The only other TV I have had for any length of time was an old 50" Sony LCD - which I had for nearly 8 years before I got my e6 - before that it was CRT stuff. Strange questions (WHY)...

Also why do you still have the e6 when you have had an e7?

The only other TV I have had for any length of time was an old 50" Sony LCD - which I had for nearly 8 years before I got my e6 - before that it was CRT stuff. Strange questions (WHY)...

Also why do you still have the e6 when you have had an e7?
Just wondering and wondering why I spent so much on TVs when I have been happy with all of them. The E7 made a clicking noise, John Lewis exchanged 3 of them for me but all of them did it, I promised my sister the E6 and they had it for a while as I was getting used to the E7 or trying to, then I gave her my E7 with 5 year warranty and they can’t hear the clicking noise but they are not into TVs the way I am and I got my e6 back which I was happy with anyway. The clicking noise was every 10 mins or so, contacted LG and they said the one in their office did it too. John Lewis were great and offered a refund, but for the money I couldn’t buy anything that come near that price at £1700 with cash back and price match with Reliant Direct.

My first was a 55" LG 930V which I gave to my wife's mother when I replaced it with a 55" E6 for UHD and HDR. The 930V will be over 4 years old now and has never missed a beat, nor has the E6 which is now over 2 years old. The latter, I would reckon, is one of, if not the, best 3D TVs ever produced and it would take something extra special to make me want to change it.

Last edited:
Got my LG C7 55" last year, replacing my Pioneer, still got it and still paying for it.
No intentions on replacing it yet.

I've had my 65" B6 OLED since 2016 and am hoping to replace it with a 77" C9 later this year, subject to reviews, price and funds.

Last crt was a 28" Philips, then got a 37" LG hd ready TV, 2 Samsung 46' LCD,Sony w4000 Sony 903,Sony 923,Panasonic vt30 ,st50,gt50,vt65,zt65,LG 980,880,930,960,950,920,e6,e7 oleds and now got a af9 which I will be keeping for a while due to its picture quality and very uniform panel.

Did have zd9 for a short while but returned for dse

Will only upgrade when there is a big leap in TV tech than incremental upgrades

Just wondering and wondering why I spent so much on TVs when I have been happy with all of them. The E7 made a clicking noise, John Lewis exchanged 3 of them for me but all of them did it, I promised my sister the E6 and they had it for a while as I was getting used to the E7 or trying to, then I gave her my E7 with 5 year warranty and they can’t hear the clicking noise but they are not into TVs the way I am and I got my e6 back which I was happy with anyway. The clicking noise was every 10 mins or so, contacted LG and they said the one in their office did it too. John Lewis were great and offered a refund, but for the money I couldn’t buy anything that come near that price at £1700 with cash back and price match with Reliant Direct.
I remember you complaining of the clicking noise and thought you was imagining things. But had the TV on and no sound and started to hear it. Did it quite regular but it didn't really bother me. Think most sets probably had that noise but most not fussed or cant hear it

I remember you complaining of the clicking noise and thought you was imagining things. But had the TV on and no sound and started to hear it. Did it quite regular but it didn't really bother me. Think most sets probably had that noise but most not fussed or cant hear it
I wonder if the 2018 models suffer from it too? Especially the 55/65 inch b8 which is basically the same TV as the 2017 models. I think I read about someone on here suffering from clicking noises on the 2018 models.

Last crt was a 28" Philips, then got a 37" LG hd ready TV, 2 Samsung 46' LCD,Sony w4000 Sony 903,Sony 923,Panasonic vt30 ,st50,gt50,vt65,zt65,LG 980,880,930,960,950,920,e6,e7 oleds and now got a af9 which I will be keeping for a while due to its picture quality and very uniform panel.

Did have zd9 for a short while but returned for dse

Will only upgrade when there is a big leap in TV tech than incremental upgrades
I thought there was lots of members on here like me going through TVs like there was no tomorrow. I did have the Sony 65-inch A1 from Costco for a week but didn’t like the HDR picture and standard settings. The blacks were very good but I thought they were to the detrimental of the picture quality. I went straight back to my LG and thought thank God for that. We must have spent thousands on TVs! Trying my best like you to keep the current one but keep seeing slight niggles that annoy me.

Keep the e6 bro (insanely good TV) and wait till the end of 2019 for all the reports in from end users and reviewers on the 2019 models also at which point 2018 models should be massively reduced in price. Of course if you are insanely rich and like burning through money, then yep go ahead try them all and let us poorer folks know what you think :)

That’s the one I have at present the LG 65e6v, I have also had the LG 65e7v, LG 55ea980w, Panasonic cz950, LG 55b7v and another 55 inch LG can’t think of the name, I also had the Sony A1 65-inch for a week but didn’t like it at all.

Here’s a question then how many TVs have you owned in total? Sony 15-inch TV, Thompson 24-inch TV, a Philips 32pf9831d lcd tv, Sony 46hx803 tv, Panasonic 50v20, Panasonic 50gt50, Panasonic 50vt65 and a Pioneer 5090 plasma TV. Plus my Oled TVs. 13 TVs I have owned how about you?

Didn’t you buy an LG B8 as well recently or did you cancel the order before it was delivered?

I thought there was lots of members on here like me going through TVs like there was no tomorrow. I did have the Sony 65-inch A1 from Costco for a week but didn’t like the HDR picture and standard settings. The blacks were very good but I thought they were to the detrimental of the picture quality. I went straight back to my LG and thought thank God for that. We must have spent thousands on TVs! Trying my best like you to keep the current one but keep seeing slight niggles that annoy me.
Problem is most have niggles,so its unavoidable and you need to just live with it or you will end up changing time and time again.

Thankfully my Af9 hasn't got niggles I'm bothered about, so am happy to keep.

Also forgot that I had a W905 and a LG ec970 oledo_O

Gotta catch them all:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom