1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many LNB's for Sky plus!?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tim k, Mar 9, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to use one of the discreet cubsat dishes as my secondary feed for sky plus, the original feed will come from the communal dish and connection on control panel in apartment. What i need to know is which of the two dishes (cubsat 50 or 70) is better for my install, and how many lnbs i will need to fit to the cubsat!?

http://www.dbsinstall.com/Products/Cubsat/review-50-70.htm

I'm going to buy the cubsat from germany as there much cheaper, the difference between the cubsat 50 and 70 is only 30 quid or so, so is it worth going for the 70? and why!?

http://www.techno-com.de/shop1/start.php

2. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have no idea about which dish is better - but just an FYI: I had Sky+ fitted recently, after having the same problem as you. I have a communal dish, and wanted Sky+ but only had one LNB coming into the house.

When the first of two Sky Engineers came over to do the job, he only ran one LNB into the house [even though Sky say it is meant to be a quad LNB for Sky+ jobs]. What he did was run one feed from the dish, and another from my existing communal dish.

On paper, this all seems fine. But for someone unknown reason, the Sky+ features just would not work with it set up like this. When the second engineer came round, to finish off the shoddy job done by his colleague, he correctly ran two LNB and cables from the dish itself, to the Sky+ box. This now works perfectly, and I don't use the communal dish at all [although the management company are still charging me £100 a YEAR to MAINTAIN IT?!?!!!]

Just thought I'd let you know. Maybe do some more research before you take the plunge, only to find it doesn't work.

Otherwise - do the same as I did. Sod the communal LNB - and get a new dish with 2 LNB's coming of it, feeding the same single Sky+ box.

Hope this in someway helps mate...

JK

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds like a much better solution mate, i think i will run the two feeds off the cubsat, i still dont understand which of these boxes can have 2 feeds off, if anyone could help it'd be really appreciated, if anyone speaks german the second link shows both the 50 70 in full spec!!

4. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My install was done by an independent, who automatically wired up all four outputs from the Quad LNB. Never thought I'd need them, but I've now got a dual subscription hanging off one and a free to air card on the other.....

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone work out how many lnbs the cubsat 50 and 70 have?? the 70 states phase iii lnb, but im wanting to run sky plus so need 2 outputs, help!!

6. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    if you have a look at the www.cubsat.com there is an UK flag at the bottom of the screen which gives you more info.