How many hours on your OLED

sebna

I believe my C6 65 will be 10k+ but I lost possibility of checking as my current phone does not have IR blaster and on the old one app will no longer start... It was 6k few years ago...

Does anybody know a reliable way of accessing LG OLED service menu?

BTW my C6 is much better than when new and absolutely brilliant (0 problems)

raymondo77

7,000 hours on my 77C8 - no issues at all.

D

Deleted member 929490

How do you check? And what’s an ir blaster?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Panny GZ950 65" OLED just coming up 2 years old and 8000+ hrs and no issues yet. No gaming normal tv stuff, streaming Netflix/Prime and about 2-3 hrs a day with BBC 24 News channel.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I average 1k hours a year, so no...😂

@sebna There is a way of doing it with an USB drive. Plug drive into tv then press blue button on remote 5 times. Take drive out and put in pc and the tv will have put a file on the drive which includes hours and some other bits and Bob's.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Much easier with my Panny, it shows in the menu, tells you how many hours from new, how many on/off cycles and how many 1000hr screen maintenance cycles it's done. :smashin:

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member

@sebna There is a way of doing it with an USB drive. Plug drive into tv then press blue button on remote 5 times. Take drive out and put in pc and the tv will have put a file on the drive which includes hours and some other bits and Bob's.
Will this work on a b7? I think the US model allows you to check via menus, but can't on mine.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Not sure. Only takes a literal minute if you have a spare USB pen drive, so give it a whirl.

z10m

I think my B6 has about 12000h on it and always used at 80-100% oled light.
Can check tomorrow the exact number.
Still running fine and looks better that the 3 crappy 42 C2’s that I went through as no horrible red tint on near black content.
Yes there is some banding but nothing bad and 0 screen burn ins.

z10m

Ok so last time I checked total run time in service menu a few months ago it was at over 11000.
Between then and now I was playing with service remote buttons on my Logitech Harmony and pressed button called “In stop” which wiped the TV clean without warning or confirmation.
Now when I’m checking total runtime it’s showing 399 hours which means it got reset as well.

Zaim7890

1375 hours on my Sony AG9 (a year old today), no issue's to report, been running smoothly.

Last edited:

Russ_64

My Panny GZ950 purchased in July 2019 now has 7860 hours (completed 7 major screen refreshes) and all is as good as new.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
My Panny 65" GZ950 purchased May 2020 has 9k hrs on it and still has a wonderful image and no burn in as far as I can see.

HugoFJH

This doesnt appear to work any longer (certainly on my 48CX6LB at any rate, bought in mid 2020)

it put an "info" file on the USB stick, but all it had in the file

{"INFO":"{ \"core_os_release\": \"5.3.0-2206\", \"returnValue\": true }{ \"device_name\": \"o20\", \"returnValue\": true }"}

I was using this as my desktop monitor for a while during lockdown, and even now is probably used about 40 hrs a week, so at a guess 3-4000 hrs

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Yeah seems thats the case. Just tried on mine and it gave me nothing.

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
This doesnt appear to work any longer (certainly on my 48CX6LB at any rate, bought in mid 2020)

it put an "info" file on the USB stick, but all it had in the file

{"INFO":"{ \"core_os_release\": \"5.3.0-2206\", \"returnValue\": true }{ \"device_name\": \"o20\", \"returnValue\": true }"}

I was using this as my desktop monitor for a while during lockdown, and even now is probably used about 40 hrs a week, so at a guess 3-4000 hrs
I got the same on my B7 :(

Mr collins

Standard Member
Not sure on hours but I mostly game and I had the panel replaced on my E6 due to burn in and it came back pretty quickly on the new panel as well!! Been gaming exactly the same on my B9 for a few years with zero burn in!! I do think there is a huge improvement in burn in resistance from the 6 series to the 9 series

JustTheFacts

Not sure on hours but I mostly game and I had the panel replaced on my E6 due to burn in and it came back pretty quickly on the new panel as well!! Been gaming exactly the same on my B9 for a few years with zero burn in!! I do think there is a huge improvement in burn in resistance from the 6 series to the 9 series
The 65 inch C9 is on sale at COSTCO USA for $999.97. With the prices of OLEDs coming down considerably defects on TVs aren't going to be as big of as a concern. For instance am I willing to risk $999.97 dollars on the best TV out there. What is the risk of me losing this money due to my TV failing and having OLED Burn In. The statement now, "shouldn't have to worry for most people with normal use", means you shouldn't have to worry for any use. What is normal use nowadays, There are millions of OLED owners that habitually game on their OLEDs for hours every night. There are millions of OLED owners who use their TVs for computer monitors. With that being said here are the facts,
What Techradar says,
‘ “Typically, all you need to know is that the latest OLEDs are far less prone to burn-in than ever before and those odds are only improving over time.

What HowToGeek says, “The burn-in issue isn’t going away entirely. However, it also isn’t as much of an issue as it once was, thanks to improvements in manufacturing and software compensation. If you’re looking for a new TV in 2020, especially to play the latest games when next-gen consoles launch, an OLED might be your best choice.”

CNET, "Also, OLED technology has gotten better. Billions of dollars have been spent on OLED manufacturing and R&D, and that's ongoing. So stories you may have heard about "burn-in" likely entered the zeitgeist years ago about older OLED displays. You just don't hear about newer OLEDs having these issues "

RTINGS,COM Their opinion has far more to do with marketing their website than the truth. RTINGS.COM wants people to mention their 2017 outdated burn in tests as much as possible since this is one of their best marketing tools. When their 2017 torture tests proved burn is was possible they did everything possible to maximize the issue for marketing their website. Look at the ridiculous examples below.

RTINGS.COM Marketing Technique in 2019
Rtings.com gives burn in a 1.0 rating. The worst rating possible. “OLED TVs such as the LG OLED E9 have an inherent risk of experiencing permanent image retention.” What does the word inherent mean? There is a reason Rtings.com picked the word inherent to describe OLED burn in and then they peppered this statement throughout their web site.

RTINGS.COM Marketing technique in 2022
Today they give the permanent burn in risk a 2 out of 10 and it is just a risk instead of an inherent property. That is a 100 percent improvement in their rating. On top of that they only mention OLED burn in in a few places instead of mentioning it in every other sentence.

For me I am willing to take a $999.97 risk for a 65" OLED TV even though rtings,com says the risk is 2 out of 10.

Last edited:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Burn in is rarely an issue these days.

staffy 2

Hi my E7 will be 5 years old this December.It’s done 25,000 hours. It had a new screen 2 years and 4 months ago due to sudden banding after a 2000 hour pixel refresh.No issues since then. It’s on 12 hours everyday and more at weekends with football. Heavily gamed on aswell.No Sky news banners ever and it’s all varied content but no static banners. There are static huds in driving games though. I’m happy getting 5 years of proper use from it despite a new panel under warranty. To be honest I hope it developes a fault before my 5 year warranty ends in December. Also I’d sooner it lasted 5 more years as the sound on the E series is amazing and I love the design.

Last edited:

HugoFJH

I dont think burn in was ever that big an issue for the last 3-4 years really, as long as you were moderately careful during normal usage (technically it could be seen on full white /black backgrounds but who has these in every day usage)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

ASUS unveils new 4K OLED gaming monitors
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen