1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many hours has plasma been on?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GreenBhoy, Oct 18, 2003.

1. GreenBhoy

GreenBhoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all - hope you can help. I am getting my Panny PW6 replaced today for a UK model (as opposed to a Euro one). Is there a service menu entry to tell if the new one is really 'new'.

I thought a way to tell is to see how many hours the plasma has been on, or something like that....

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your help.....

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Search for how do to this with a panny 5. I think jmack posted on how to do it. The procedure is the same for the panny 6.

Neil.

3. AndyGo

AndyGo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Greenbhoy,
    How come the units being replaced ? Did you know it was a Euro import before buying ?
    I'm in Swindon too & have just picked one up myself from AV sales, what do you have hooked into yours ? Are you using Sky Digital into it ?

Andy

4. GreenBhoy

GreenBhoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    AndyGo

I asked twice before ordering whether it was UK and asked again when ordering and stated that it needed to be UK.

When it was received I noticed that it was EX product code as opposed to BX

Panasonic UK do not honour the at home/swap out warranty on Euro imports and as such the consumer needs to send unit to Panasonic at their own expense in the event of a failure....could be very costly.

The supplier (Total Digital) ignored my requests until I got Barclaycard on the case - they advised me that I had grounds based on Breach of Contract and Mis-representation. They swapped it out the next day......:D

The courier had 2 more PW6's to deliver to Swindon that very day (EX again :confused: ) - must be a lot of us around....

I managed to find out how new it was (switched on once (me) and 0 hours of usage) :)

No dead pixels and spot on Geometry/convergence etc :D

I have only plugged Sky in once (need to get digibox moved) but was impressed with the picture - once I get my Sky box moved I probably plan to use a JS RGB to Plasma converter to squeeze a bit more out of it....

Regards GreenBhoy

5. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Originally posted by jmack
    ---------------------------------

1. Hold the volume button on the panel in while pressing the status button on the remote 3 times very fast (status button is the one under the power button).

2. A menu appears highlight the icc menu and press select.

It should say in the top right hand corner what signal is showing ie 525p 525i 625p 625i.

You must have your panel on the component imput and your dvd player on at the time of doing this.

To get out press the setup button then turn the panel off.

Not sure if it works if you have a tuner connected though.

Be careful in there dont go changing things.