• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How many HD-DVD units have been shipped to the UK?

Golf_turbo

I can't believe they're still so hard to get hold of... :(

There can't be that many people with xbox 360's, HDTV's AND want a HD-DV D drive? Is it short supply of stock, or are they thjat popular?

CharlotWeb

I have spoken with 3 separate stores and they all said that 1000 had been shipped to the UK (as initial allocation). Not sure how accurate this is but that's what they said.....

I

inbrednut

why dont you just buy the discs?

OR better, save that money and buy a hd telly now :rotfl:

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Whats the point of buying the discs and not having a player to watch them on? That is just stupid, why buy the DVD's when I know I will be buying them again HD? Why waste the money twice? And it is not that I don't have the money I am waiting for a good 1080p screen and the only two on the market that met my criteria had one or two major flaws.

Give it six months and there will be loads of 1080p screens on the market and I will buy one that suites my needs, and I will already have a HD player and movies to watch on it. Plus also remember that a downscaled HD disc can look better then a MPEG2 compresses DVD on a 480p screen.

D

Deleted member 92943

Microsoft sold 42,000 of these in 2 weeks of release in the USA. No wonder why there's hardly any over here

Captain Speedy

Just checked my E-mail and Gameplay dispatched mine yesterday afternoon so more must be coming in

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I have spoken with 3 separate stores and they all said that 1000 had been shipped to the UK (as initial allocation). Not sure how accurate this is but that's what they said.....

That's what I had heard too from the stores I had spoken to. I think there is meant to be more stock coming in next week though.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom