1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many have given up on Sony?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by magnatom, Feb 4, 2002.

1. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you have been on another planet lately you will have noticed there are a few disgruntled Sony owners (esp fq75) :mad: . I have given up on Sony and their VERY poor customer services and upgraded to a Loewe which arrives this Friday :D. However, I was wondering how many Sony owners have done the same? and what TV did you end up with?

The AV shop I deal with has also stopped selling Sony after these problems, any other dealers in this situation?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I going to give Sony one more chance. My FQ75 is going back this week for a different model (haven't decided which one yet). If this one is also a lemon then I may go for a Panasonic or Loewe.

J

3. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I have an FQ-75 with scrolling bar problem. I am being offered a replacement FQ-75 model but am worried that they are all affected. Can I demand a different make of TV (thinking of Loewe). Can demand a full refund?

Thanks

Rich :(

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are entitled to a full refund or demand a different make if that's what you want (assuming that you set is fairly new). I was also offered another FQ75 but refused because of all the problems with this model. I have arranged with the shop (Sony Centre) to get a different model and they said OK after I wrote a flame letter to their MD. I'm stuck with Sony and choice of sets for the time being and decided to give them one more chance. If the next set goes wrong ("only" my second one), I will demand a refund.

Cheers.

J

5. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rich,

If the set is faulty (and scrolling bars is definitely a fault) then yes you should be able to get either a refund or a different TV. Obviously how easy that is depends on the dealer you bought it from, but I am sure legally you are in the right.

I can't say for sure that ever set is affected, but I think the chances of getting a bad set must be quite high.

My dealer seemed to be relieved that I was not going to take a Sony replacement! Any Sony set he sold, even if there was a problem from the outset, Sony wouldn't take it back. It was up to the dealer to fix it and sell it on. Thats one of the reasons that they have stopped stocking Sony!
    I had to pay extra for the Loewe, but he did drop the price for me.

Good luck with your decision.

6. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave

Count me in. Just holding on the FQ until I get my second promised reply from Sony UK. Have been looking for alternative for a few weeks over Xmas and N Year but got so fed-up and stressed up with the whole process, I have left this for the time being. Whilst discussing my FQ problem with John Lewis, the guy there would not even suggest to exchange for another model from Sony range. Wondered why and between the lines I think they were also getting returns on other Sony models.

I have referred Sony UK to this forum and I am sure someone from there had a browse. Surely, they can't carrying on ignoring the fact - there is a problem with all sets. Getting 3 sets one after another other (as experienced by some members) with the same scrolling bar problems can't be because of "faulty samples" or just a duff batch of production. You don't need to be a statitician to work out the scale of the problem. Perhaps Sony defines the sample size as 90 - 100 percent of their production !!!!

fwan