Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

how many fuses on 808s?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Anders T, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Anders T

Anders T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My BG 808s just stopped, an it's completely dead! I've been searching the interior for fuses (I hope this is the problem!!) but I can only find 6 glass/ceramic replacable fuses, and one of them had to be replaced ( a 3,15 250v ceramic fuse wich I replaced with a glass fuse 3,15 ah 250v) but still no life! Are there more fuses?
    (I also found 8 fuses that are welded to a board, but they are ok, I think)

2. Mad Mr H

Mad Mr H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    One in the plug top?

There might be one in the IEC chassis connector - if there is its hidden and needs a careful look....

808s SMPS has 2 boards - one is the standby and one the main psu board

hope thats of some help

3. Anders T

Anders T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I found that one, but it's the one on the main powersupply that keeps blowing, no need to search for more fuses. Now I just have to find out why this fuse popps.... :mad:
    know any barco-doctors who makes house-calls...in Norway...?

4. Tom.W

Tom.W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    You might find your answer here . You will find many Barco link's . The Barco 808 is also known for having a few poor solder joints on the SMPS .You might e mail Curt with your problem . He is very good with Barco's and you could just ship the board for repair .