How many firmware updates on 4308?

aScotsman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I have done about 7 firmware updated in the last two hours. Any idea how many there are or is there something wrong do you think?

Allan

It's a bug. Its just the same being done over and over again. There are only two updates so far.

least you can get yours to update, ive been trying since i got my new 4308. Its doing me nut in :suicide:

Hi Allan,

Did you manage to update the firmware over the internet? In one of your earlier post's you mentioned that you need to carry the AV receiver to Denon Singapore service centre for updating the Firmware.

I too will be buying a 3808 soon and am curious to know if I can update the firmware over the net or I have to carry the receiver to the service centre.

Ajit

The service centre will most definetly have the same problems updating the receiver. They will do the same thing as we do at home. Connect it to the internet and try to update it.

I mus t have been lucky - mine updated the first time I tried it - that was using a wifi connection as well!

Didn't notice any changes - does anyone know how we can found out when firmware updates are available and what the change log is for them?

Hi !

just want to share with everyone, that I was able to complete the firmware update on my 4308. Just to give you the right information, I was unable to finish the updating process, as my receiver get stucked on the ETHER WP and when trying to do it again, it was showing me the message UPDATING FAILED.

Reading other posts, I tried the update on my friend´s house. He uses a diferent ISP. It worked !!!

Seems that Denon has some opportunities regarding the firmware update process and Denon Servers.

Regards

Hi Allan,

Did you manage to update the firmware over the internet? In one of your earlier post's you mentioned that you need to carry the AV receiver to Denon Singapore service centre for updating the Firmware.

I too will be buying a 3808 soon and am curious to know if I can update the firmware over the net or I have to carry the receiver to the service centre.

Ajit

yes I managed to update, although it still wants to keep installing the same update.

Regards,

Allan

yes I managed to update, although it still wants to keep installing the same update.

Regards,

Allan

Thanks for the confirmation Allan & enjoy your 4308.

I have to wait a bit as the dealers in Singapore are out-of-stock for B&W 685's :(

Regards

as my receiver get stucked on the ETHER WP

I managed to update my 4308 this morning, at about 4am. Got flu and couldnt sleep, so thought lets give it a shot. My amp got stuck on the same ETHER WP, but i just left it and it re-started that part, took all of an hour to update the whole machine. I had 14 updates in all. :confused:

Thing is, its fine at all times now to check for updates. Wonder if this was a Denon server problem?

Regards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom