Quantcast

How many exchanges/replacement tvs have you had in the last 12 months?

How many replacements/exchanges have you done in the last 12 months?

• None

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • 1-3

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • 4-6

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I've lost count

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

AVF Jay

Banned
I've noticed a few people like myself have been through several replacements/exchanges/returns.

These same people are often picky and seem to find faults in every tv, yet they continue to exchange endlessly in the hope that the perfect tv exists.

I'd be interested in knowing how many of you have or are in the process of playing the panel lottery game?

Last edited:

The Eggman72

LOL in an ideal world we would all love a perfect panel...I was cleaning mine the other week & noticed a mark under the screens surface about 1cm (its obviously been there since day one) & started thinking..should I esquire about a replacement & then thought of all the nightmare I read on here with the panel lottery.....so im happy with what I have....

Adlermann

Novice Member
vt30 to vt 50 (green blob)
vt50 refunded (green blob, broken panel, green vvi)
Currently I have a vt50 which is also developing green blobs again :)

beadlesabout

GT50 - Cosmetic Damage + Buzzing (exchange)
GT50 - VBI (exchange)
GT50 - VBI - (Refund)
DT65 - lol, what was I thinking (exchange > VT65)
VT65 = Finally Happy

Brava 210

3 ut50's all buzzing
1 50e5b awful
1 Gt50 too small, poor blacks, buzz
1 VT50 nice so far

Jan Pogonowski

Novice Member
With all these exchanges, makes me wonder if retailers just package these "like-new" TVs up again and sell them off as new, therefore there's a constant circulation of faulty/below standard TVs.

polakis

4 panasonic 55VT50 all for VBI

2 64E8000 dead pixels, pink stamp

1 64F8500 currently will swap it for faint horizontal band

The Eggman72

With all these exchanges, makes me wonder if retailers just package these "like-new" TVs up again and sell them off as new, therefore there's a constant circulation of faulty/below standard TVs.
Ive thought that...sling em back out and hope it was a faulty customer & not the set ;)

arenaman

1 x ES8000 screen fault after a year of seamless viewing
Rejected replacement panel, terrible clouding and banding on new one

2 x F8000's rejected under DSR as I wasn't happy with vertical banding and cinema black issues

1 x F8500 rejected under DSR due to excessive horizontal banding

All entirely justified, picky doesn't come into it ;)

Stupot43

I've been interested in Home Cinema now since 1996 and during that time I've had 4 CRT TV's and 3 plasma TV's starting with 25" CRT and now on 60" plasma and during all that time I've only had to return the 36" Tosh CRT for alignment problems...and that was returned within 24 hours.

I think I've either been very lucky or I'm not picky enough!!!

AidenL

Zero......

MemX

I would have no idea how bad issues have to be to justify asking for an exchange! :blush:

Timmie

I had a Samsung ES8000 with horizontal bands in 3D, Samsung did a panel swap (not a TV swap).
Replacement panel had a stuck on pixel.
Next replacement panel had a bright light shining up from the bottom – major defect.
Next replacement panel had very bad clouding.

John Lewis agreed to a replacement TV of my choice. I now have a Panasonic 55VT65 = very happy.:thumbsup:

(Only previous replacement was a 36” CRT with very bad DSE back in 2001).

TONYELISE

Novice Member
Although mine are over 18 months

50vt30 Green splodges,bad ir
55vt50 Bad brightness flucs-fauty cats
65vt50 Greeb splodges and pixel misfire-new panel fitted still green splodges just in different places
65vt65 OK so far.

Grexeo

I returned one, but to clarify it was an LCD, not plasma. Might want to consider changing the topic or moving it to another forum.

arenaman

I returned one, but to clarify it was an LCD, not plasma. Might want to consider changing the topic or moving it to another forum.
Nobody mentioned the technology, just the amount of returns

deon444

Distinguished Member
vt30-green blobs +misfiring pixels,dse,IR
gt50-green blobs,uniformity issues
823-dark patches on top of screen
923- bad dse,yellow patch on screen
923-sold because haloing and light bleed in corners,poor 3d compared to Panasonic,LG and Samsung
st50-sold because vbi started to annoy me even though it really didn't bother me at first few months even though i knew it was there.plus New sets were coming out so rude not to upgrade:) am happy at the moment with my budget eh5000 which will go in my bedroom when i decide which of this years sets im gonna get.

been through a few sets but don't really consider myself fussy,would have kept the st50 if wasn't for the faint band as it was an excellent set otherwise.

Fox McCloud

Lol. The majority of the people on this forum probably contribute heavily towards the returned stock for most electronics companies.

stucarblne

Two 500A's returned in two weeks - then a third that developed a fault within six months that was rectified by myself eventually. Not in the last 12 months mind you. Four years ago. But thought i would chip in anyway :D

Last edited:

Ossie77

Panasonic E5 32"
Samsung EH5000 40"
Panasonic E6 39"
Samsung ES5500 40"
Panasonic E6 42"
Samsung F5000 46"
Panasonic X60b 42" arriving tomorrow.
Since January. All decisions based on either size or financial reasons.
I seriously think I need professional help.
The F5000 was great but have bills to pay. Bought X60B for £329. Something deeply relaxing about the price. Very excited about getting my first plasma. Hopefully it will deliver!

Fano

Novice Member
None but my 11 month old 50ST50 with 5 lines of MVBI is very annoying especially watching the golf this weekend.

Trending threads

Latest News

Philips OLED burn-in solution is 95 percent effective
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips TV’s with HDMI 2.1 and Dolby Vision IQ due in time
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonos clarifies product update and recycling position
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips 4th Gen P5 processor adds AI for more realistic images