How many consoles you got kicking around?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Just shows how disappointed I was with the Saturn, in my post above I completely forgot that Sega came out with the Dreamcast after that! I didn't own that one as I had learnt my lesson by then.

The PS1 destroyed the Saturn and the PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast.

KingD

Just shows how disappointed I was with the Saturn, in my post above I completely forgot that Sega came out with the Dreamcast after that! I didn't own that one as I had learnt my lesson by then.

The PS1 destroyed the Saturn and the PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast.
The Saturn was actually great, it had some brilliant titles released on import in particular

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
The Saturn was actually great, it had some brilliant titles released on import in particular

Yes, it was a great console, just let down by poor game support.

IL Cattivo

My first was a 'Pong' Console bought for my brother and I back when we were kids.
We then had one of those Nintendo Popeye Game & Watch handhelds.
The first console I actually purchased was a pal SNES and I got the snazzy adapter that allowed me to play the American NTSC cartridges. Actually sold a bike I saved up for to buy that SNES, my parents were not best pleased!
Next came the PS1, XBOX, PS2, XBOX 360 and lastly XBOX X.
Will get a XBXSX as and when they're easier to buy, once out of lockdown, and I have my new 2021 OLED.

witchdrash

Was tidying up a few things today and was putting a couple of the older consoles away in storage (in the house) and this got me thinking. How many of you suffer the same affliction I have, I simply cannot get rid of my old consoles? Most are safely boxed up and stored away in the house, to-date I have:

Nintendo
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Switch
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS (several versions including the original)
3DS

Microsoft
XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX One S
XBOX Series X

Sony
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
PSP
PSP Go
Vita

Sega
Dreamcast

I've got

Sega:
Master System 2
3 Mega-drives (2 original, 1 Mega Drive 2),
2 Mega-cds (original and mega-cd 2)
32x
Saturn
Dreamcast

Nintendo
NES
SNES
N64
2 Game Cubes (1 japanese, 1 uk)
Wii
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
DS
DS Lite

Sony
PS2
PS3
2 PS4
PS4 Pro
PS5
PSP
PSP Vita

Microsoft
4 Xbox
2 Xbox 360 (Had 4 but 1 RROD and the other I gave away)
4 Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drives
Xbox One X

Oculus Quest (it's sort of a console?)

My biggest regret was I saw a Virtual Boy in a cash converters years ago and never bought it. Also I had a Panasonic Q which was stolen when I shipped my life back after a year in Canada and they re-packed all my boxes (then denied doing it) and a bag of my consoles and games mysteriously vanished.

TripleEspresso

I wish I had hoarded my old consoles, but sometimes the idea is better than the reality. I still have a soft spot for the first version of the PS1 (my first ever home console) though. I currently only have a PS4 under the telly now.

The same with emulation - the idea is great but it’s just something else to have to tinker with - there’s not the magic or convenience of sticking a disc or cartridge into a system and away you go.

Fake Shempz

I've tended to offload most of my old games systems. The only old ones I have decided to keep are:

Xbox original (crystal)
Amiga 1200
Atari 2600
Nintendo Game & Watch - Donkey Kong (multiscreen)
Nintendo Game & Watch - Mario Bros (multiscreen)

discodunc

I do love the old consoles:

Sega
Master System 2
Megadrive 1
Megadrive 2
Mega CD 2
Saturn
Dreamcast
Game Gear x 2 although 1 you can barely see anything on the screen now.

Nintendo
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
WiiU (I know)
Switch
Gameboy
Gameboy Advanced
DS
DS lite
3DS
2DS x2
NES Mini
SNES mini

Playstation
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PSP (Japanese version)
VITA
PS Classic

Microsoft
XBOX x2 (Still not sure why i have 2)
XBOX 360 S
XBOX One S

Donkey Kong multiscreen unit
Cliffhanger Multiscreen unit

Still on the look out for for Atari Lynx/Jaguar/2600/7800, Sega 32X and maybe a PSVR unit.

As a kid always wanted the NEO GEO, back then I never understood why the games cost so much though.

soozle

Standard Member
I just sold my Wii and Wii fit board but still have a Mega drive and 6 games,
We now have 2 gaming PCs & vive systems so I don't have to interrupt my son to play beat saber .
A colleague was selling his cheap and I've saved so much from all my hobbies being cancelled.

Son has a Nintendo DS, A switch and a PS4 too

DaddyR

Standard Member
I'm in the midst of converting the cellar into a cinema. When that's done, the Megadrive, N64, GameCube and PS3
will come out of their boxes and sit next to the PS4 Pro.

I've still got a Vita and there are various GBA and DSs in the kids rooms.

The only console I've traded in is a PSP. I did give a PS2 to a friend's kid ages ago. I don't miss either.

sonysean

I only have these now:

PlayStation 3 (original, faulty)
PlayStation 3 Slim
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5

I do wish I'd kept my PS2 and other consoles I've had in the past though (PS1, Xbox 360, Wii, PS Vita).
I've since decided I'm hanging on to my consoles from now on. I can't see my PS4 ever getting used again, but there's just something about consoles that make me want to hold on to them.

tazmago

I usually trade up my consoles, atm I have:

PS5
Series X
Switch
and a PS1 slim (stuck in a draw somewhere).

CliffordinWales

We have a Switch as well and it's great for family-friendly local multiplayer. It's the only device that gets any play time at the moment aside from phones and iPad.

I've also owned a Wii, an Xbox 360 and an original Xbox. I still have each of these but the 360 is dead and I should probably get off my lazy backside and take it to the local recycling centre.

Every one of these devices speaks to a different time and place in my life. When I bought the Xboxes and the Wii I was still in my twenties, single, and spent a decent amount of time playing CoD or Halo with my mates online. Those days are long gone...

grandpabob5

Standard Member
I dug out my old playstation 1 put in my favourite game Crash Bandicoot which i had not played for about 15 years found out I am now rubbish at it I could not get pass Level 1
My only excuse is my age I am now 81 so thats going back in to the loft

depot

I dug out my old playstation 1 put in my favourite game Crash Bandicoot which i had not played for about 15 years found out I am now rubbish at it I could not get pass Level 1
My only excuse is my age I am now 81 so thats going back in to the loft
81 😳, how did you ever get it out of the loft.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom