How many consoles you got kicking around?

IanW

Was tidying up a few things today and was putting a couple of the older consoles away in storage (in the house) and this got me thinking. How many of you suffer the same affliction I have, I simply cannot get rid of my old consoles? Most are safely boxed up and stored away in the house, to-date I have:

Nintendo
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Switch
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS (several versions including the original)
3DS

Microsoft
XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX One S
XBOX Series X

Sony
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
PSP
PSP Go
Vita

Sega
Dreamcast

kevinjonesmusic

Novice Member
Great list you have. I only owned but kept these list:

Nintendo
Gameboy, Gameboy SP, Gameboy DSi

Sony
Ps1, Ps3,Ps4,PSP

Sega
Genesis, Saturn

Planning to have PS5 probably after 5-6 months. :clap:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I haven't had a console for years, so mine are

Sega
Saturn
Master System
Mega Drive
Mega CD

Microsoft
Xbox 360

Spectrum
ZX48K

RAINS

I have all the following boxed except for the latest...

Nintendo
N64
Wii
Wii U
DS

Microsoft
XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX One S
XBOX Series X

Sony
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation 5
PSP

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
I've owned a few over the years but mostly I sold them when I bought the next one, although I wish I hadn't.

I currently only own:

PS2 (which I bought last year to play Burnout 2 and Conflict Desert Storm 2 on)
XBox360

I nearly pulled the trigger on a lovely ZX Spectrum 48k, recapped with SD card slot but then I realised that playing those old games on my laptop was a lot easier and quicker than plugging a speccy in to my TV. I would still like to own one again but just to touch those lovely rubber keys.

bailey1987

Microsoft

Xbox 360 E
Xbox One S
Xbox Series X

Playstation
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
PS Vita

Nintendo
Gameboy Colour
Wii (two of them)
Wii U
Switch
DS
3DS XL

Sega
Megadrive
Mastersystem add on

password1

I have a Nintendo Wii with nun chucks add on vibration modules and a dance mat.

When I was a kid I was jealous as all my mates had Game Gears, Game Boys, SNES, Mega drive or master system, Amiga 600/1200.

I was only allowed an IBM PC. I had an Apple Mackintosh also.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Sega
Saturn
Master System
Mega Drive
Mega CD
Very jealous of your Sega collection.
Sega Saturn - most underrated console ever? YES.

I have every Nintendo from the NES to the Switch missing only the WiiU which never really appealed to me.

I've got a 360 under my bed and a PS4 under my TV.

I think that's it for stuff I've kept other than my Amiga 1200 which, is that really a console? Not really. But I do love it.

MrMrH

I only have an old original Xbox, and Xbox 360 and a PSP, I also have a new Series S which my son is loving and feel that it's absence of an external power brick and quiet running makes is completely underrated.

Down side to the old Xbox is I am not sure where the 3.5 to RCA adapter went to plug it into my TV and apparently they have a bad history of capacitors leaking over the motherboard so no guarantees that it will work if/when it ever gets rotated back into service ... was a great multi region DVD player though.

Used to have the original dual screen donkey kong hand held video games from MANY years ago but unfortunately things get lost over time.

Disco_Stu360

I have...

Sony
PS1 original grey one, chipped to play US/J games
PS4
PS5

MS
Xbox 360
Xbox One (first edition, big black one!)
Xbox One S
Xbox Series X

Nintendo
US Nintendo 64
Wii
Wii U
Switch x 2
2 x Original grey monochrome Game Boys
DS, 3DS, 3DS XL and new 3DS (I think)

Sega

Dreamcast + Samba de Amigo and maracas!!

Biggest regret is trading in my US Super Nintendo and games to CEX on Rathbone Place back in the day to fund my N64 purchase... Still upsets me to this day!

AndyC_772

I had a PS2, PS3 and Wii up until a few months ago, all sat unused as I really don't get much time to play console games these days.

I can't quite believe how much useful space I let them waste, or for how long. Getting rid of them was quite therapeutic.

Now I just have a PS4 Pro with PSVR kit. These have been fun, but I'll need to keep an eye on how much use they actually get, especially the VR headset, and get rid of them as soon as I have a better use for the room they take up.

It's so easy to end up with a house full of clutter, and it's difficult to know what to do with it. At what point is it no longer worth photographing, advertising and posting something old and bulky - even if it does work and someone, somewhere might want it?

GTeng

I had a load in my retro games room which is sadly no more (link in sig), had to sell most of them off and the games room is now a playroom for my daughter :)

Still have a PS2, PS3 and Wii connected to the TV in there but barely touch them.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Very jealous of your Sega collection.
Sega Saturn - most underrated console ever? YES.

I have every Nintendo from the NES to the Switch missing only the WiiU which never really appealed to me.

I've got a 360 under my bed and a PS4 under my TV.

I think that's it for stuff I've kept other than my Amiga 1200 which, is that really a console? Not really. But I do love it.

I always remember at the time deciding between the Saturn and the Playstation. I was a Sega fan before as you can tell so was likely to get the Saturn, but being a fool I chose the one that had the best hardware.

The Saturn had better specs than the Playstation, but unfortunately as we all now know hardware specs are meaningless without the software support. The Playstation was far better supported and the Saturn just slowly died away. The Playstation turned into the behemoth it was today and Sega moved away from console hardware.

All still in my loft and got the Megadrive out a couple of years ago for a cheeky game of Road Rash 2. Still the best game in the world ever!

Snake79

I don't have any consoles in storage as the only two I have now are permanently connected in the living room but I have had the following:

Sinclair/Amstrad
  • ZX Spectrum 48k
  • ZX Spectrum+ 48k (boxed)
  • ZX Spectrum +2A 128k (Amstrad version, James Bond Living Daylights Action Pack).
An assortment of interfaces, joysticks, lightgun, ZX printer and a few hundred games.

I kept these for years but I needed the space and I sold them in 2013 on eBay to a couple of different buyers. One was to a vintage computer collector in Germany who remarked that he had never seen one in such good condition. I was glad I kept them so long as I made a nice sum from them.

Sega
  • Master System II - Owned twice but I only had a few games.
  • Megadrive - My main games console during the early to mid 90's, had around 25 games I think. I traded most of it in to Cash converters once I bought the Saturn.
  • Saturn - Bought from Dixons in 1997 for £99. I had a few games, around 12 or so. This kept me entertained during my college years. I had the Logic 3 steering wheel and pedals which went great with Sega Rally. I sold it and the games a few years ago as although I really enjoyed it, I never really played it as much as I once did. Early 3D games from the 32-bit era don't hold up well on large TVs unfortunately. I sold my PAL Darius Gaiden a couple of years ago for £75 as it is one of the rarer titles, it's now selling near double that today.

Microsoft
  • Xbox - original black.
  • Xbox 360 - original white.

Still in use today
  • Dreamcast - My favorite console, I have a large collection of games, controllers and peripherals. It holds up quite well on modern TVs with VGA output. I currently have it connected through a dedicated VGA scaler with HDMI out. I am considering a DC-HDMI mod for the best possible output though.
  • Xbox 360 E - I still play on it although I don't have much time these days. It is the most recent console I own as I never felt the urge to buy any of the newer consoles. Like the Dreamcast I have a large collection of games.

KingD

Got rid of some bits and bobs last year but still have:

Nintendo
SNESx2
N64x2
Gamecubex2
Wiix2
Switch
Gameboy Advance (multiples)
DS (multiples inc Lite)
3DS (multiple versions inc XL etc)

Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket Colour

Oculus
Oculus Quest 2

Microsoft
XBOX
XBOX 360 (had x3 but they are all dead)
XBOX One

Sony
Playstation 2
Playstation 3 (dead)
Playstation 4
PSP
Vita

Sega
Dreamcast
Saturn x2 (1 PAL, 1 JPN)

garyc

so going back on a retro list for me (showing my age) sort of date order oldest 1st

no longer with us
-grandstand tvg2600
-colecovision system
-philips G7000
-amstrad cpc 464

still with us
-playstation 1,2,3

-nintendo gameboy
-nintendo ds lite
-nintendo wii

-nvidia shield tv

-oculus quest 2

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Not been playing much theses days,as those trying to get back into my gaming.

X-box one x
Xbox series X

nintendo switch
nintendo U
nintendo SNES
nintendo SNES mini

Sega Saturn
Sega megadrive 32 bit

Sony PS4 pro

Handheld

nintendo switch lite
nintendo DS 3D
nintendo gameboy advance
nintendo gameboy pocket

Sony PS vita

:)

mikeysthoughts

I used to be a Sega boy through and through. I still have in the loft:

• 32X extension for Megadrive and Virtua Racing
  • Two Sega Saturns (as others have said, a criminally underrated console that suffered from being tricky to program for, and losing the marketing game to Sony). I had a few rare games that I sold in 2019 for £100+ each.
  • Two Dreamcasts (not a great console, but Unreal Tournament with a keyboard and mouse was brilliant).
  • Original Xbox
  • Xbox 360
  • One X

Weirdly, despite there being some very good games for the Xbox One, it's been my least played console. With the exception of Witcher 3, Halo MCC, F1 2020 and Tony Hawk's 1+2 remastered, I've struggled to get engaged with games - I guess I'm getting old. As such, I won't bother with the Series X or PS5 until their hardware refresh version is released.

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
The younger ones in our household have the X box and our new family favourite, the Nintendo Switch.

But I've still managed to keep hold of my SEGA and all my games that come with that! Along with the PS1, which I keep trying to introduce my daughter to, thinking she'll settle for dance mat but we're past that now and iPad's have taken over! Haha

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Music revenue in U.S. sees vinyl sales overtake CD