1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many channels can I record?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tiger3176, Aug 1, 2004.

1. tiger3176

tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I have just ordered the Toshiba RDXS 32 after all the good feedback from this forum. I was also thinking about getting Sky +. I know that you can record 2 channels at the same time with Sky+, but will I be able to record 3 channels with the Toshiba, or is that not possible. Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm a beginner in all this. Thank you in advance.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you connect it to the SKY+ then you can record two channels on the SKY+ and use the RDXS 32 to copy one of those channels being recorded or a previous SKY+ recording as it is played back in realtime.

Of course the RDXS 32 can record from any external source and wouldn't be restricted to using just SKY+, you could add an additional SKY digibox or Freeview box.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    2 sky channels using sky+ and a terrestrial channel using the Tosh.so you could record BBC 1, BBC2 and ITV (2 off sat). But not Sky movies1, 2, 3 at the same times. this makes sense!