Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

how many channels can I record?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tiger3176, Aug 1, 2004.

1. tiger3176

tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I have just ordered the Toshiba RDXS 32 after all the good feedback from this forum. I was also thinking about getting Sky +. I know that you can record 2 channels at the same time with Sky+, but will I be able to record 3 channels with the Toshiba, or is that not possible. Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm a beginner in all this. Thank you in advance.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you connect it to the SKY+ then you can record two channels on the SKY+ and use the RDXS 32 to copy one of those channels being recorded or a previous SKY+ recording as it is played back in realtime.

Of course the RDXS 32 can record from any external source and wouldn't be restricted to using just SKY+, you could add an additional SKY digibox or Freeview box.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    2 sky channels using sky+ and a terrestrial channel using the Tosh.so you could record BBC 1, BBC2 and ITV (2 off sat). But not Sky movies1, 2, 3 at the same times. this makes sense!