1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many cd albums can u put ona nw-hd3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by loggerKORN, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loggerKORN

loggerKORN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well ive got 400 cds whats the best player to put all of them on plus in the next year ill have 600??? 700 ??

2. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    20 GIG

so thats about 4000 songs on mp3.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Depends on your encoding. E.g I have my music in Atrac3pus 256 the highest Atrac encoding option. A 80 min CD = roughly 145 mb. Since HD3 is actually 18.6 gb (yes! Its about how its calculated but I won't go into it - but every player is like this - even the Ipod)

Then... region of about 1000-1260 min of music?
    Say 50 albums = 5gb, so 175 albums?

4. Calza

Calza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the lowest bit rate you can get about 900 albums in it.

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Yes but 900 albums? Anyone really have, hold on (1 album = £10, 900 = ......£9000!). Downloader. Cough cough.

Seriously though, Atrac 64 is poor quality. And with 20gb (18.6gb) to play with, u should have enough space?

6. loggerKORN

loggerKORN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well ive got 400 cds whats the best player to put all of them on plus in the next year ill have 600??? 700 ??

7. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I would go for a 40gb, or perhaps even 60gb player.

8. loggerKORN

loggerKORN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so ive just paid £200 so i can put half of my cds on this mp3 player ?? thats [swear word removed by mod] is there goin to be a 80gb or high and when ,,,,,,,,,,,and too LFCi no p_SL yes plpwho have loads of cd albums not like the ppl the just lissen to single on there pc's really music fans who buy albums like a real fan thax eney more ideas from some ???

[Mod comment - you've been asked once already not to avoid the swear filter, please don't keep doing it]

9. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Can you try and speak in proper english, and take the time to type carefully?

That last post is very difficult to understand.

10. flamejob

flamejob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello hello .. i own a second hand record shop and iv got 30,000 cd's ... is there a player out there which i can download em all onto?

gotta be cd quality compression too with a cherry ontop and hundreds and thousands...

thanks fellas

11. Stewtheking

Stewtheking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you've bought them you've spent about 4 grand at least (tenner a cd average). You're a "real fan", and you have bought albums, none of them in any way dispensible, and you intend to buy 200 more at least in a year? It seems to me that if you are THAT seriously into your music, then just buy two of the darn things.

I have around 200 cd's, fitted comfortably on 192 compression, onto my 30gb creative zen, and the 60Gb version would hold double that, however I sincerely doubt that you will ACTUALLY listen to all of the albums on a player with a drive that size. Especially if you buy cds at the rate of about 1 per day, I don't even have time to rip them to mp3 at that rate, let alone the money/time to buy/listen to them.

However, assuming that you are indeed a man with great time on your hands, and massive audio integrity, then you may be interested in the new 80Gb Archos player. If you fill that with music and still want more, then you are one strange puppy!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IXC28/202-1826213-1672625

If you had typed "80Gb mp3" even into google, you would have come up with the link for the afformentioned product, possibly the first point of call for somebody who wants an "out of the ordinary" mp3 player at an outrageously large size. In addition, if you type "100gb mp3" into google, you get the next model up.

http://www.mp3players.co.uk/site/uk/archos_av4100.html

It seems to me that you haven't done any research at all on what you want, and you are then effing and blinding because people haven't helped you with your requests.

Also.... i agree with mcfarfs here, please write in proper sentences/words.

Stew

12. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    Closing this thread now as I don't think anything more can be added to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.