1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many can fully replace my remotes??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MicoMan, Aug 31, 2001.

1. MicoMan

MicoMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I mean is can they display things like "Index Mark and erase on my remote?

If I can't get a remote that can do all the commands then its not worth it

The only one i've seen can connect to a computer and you can lable the keys. Sounds great but at £300!!, Only one of my 5 items cost more than this!

Are there any cheaper?

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd suggest a Philips pronto. Without the charger, you should be able to pick one up for around £140. If you want the docking/recharger thingy too, (I think it completes it myself) then add another £40 on.

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, get the Pronto. I have one (unfortunately I paid a lot more than 140 for it though!) and I now do not use any of my 6 original remotes at all, they simply gather dust on the shelf.

4. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    One word of caution - the Pronto cannot emulate remotes that have a 'Transmit' button for programming the timer. My Sony VCR has a remote where you enter the details of the programme that you want to record into the remote and then press 'Transmit'.

VCRs where you program the timer on screen should be OK.