How many AVF members have you actually met?

WorldChampionsGoo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've conversed with literally hundreds in my time on here and traded with several more too.

However, how many have you actually met and got to know? I was thinking of my list and it seems quite long, can anyone beat this ....

Woodywizz
Signs
Ultima
Domtheone
Deanym
Kieron
Mr Incredible
Dony
CrocodileJD
Alan1572
C225
Geomuss
Booyaka
OwenS
Vespats
HCK
Pave
Unique
Henry
Witters
Viperfire
mickey

If I missed anyone, sorry :(

and one that i want to meet ..... got to be Hunts1uk!

Last edited:
quite a few i have met and all jolly nice fellows been on a golf day and organised nights out for members as well attended by mostly from the xbox360 section who i ahve pretty much played with consistently over a period of 18 months http://www.avforums.com/forums/group.php?groupid=15 there is some pics in there to

I went to neil240z's house, it was quite an experience, a 7' (I think) screen, 2 subwoofers and a HD set-up in a bedroom that was about 11' square :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Really nice guy as well......for a moderator :devil: :D

One - Signs and he's draining my £££!!!

But worth it!!!

But looking at all the members, I bet I've bumped into one without knowing!!!

Probably half a dozen, all through buying or selling stuff, must go to a meet sometime!

ⓡⓘⓒⓗⓐⓡⓓ;7788476 said:

Really nice guy as well......for a moderator :devil: :D

Which ones aren't ? :cool: :D

My list is similar to abbeygoo's list with the people i have met on the couple of golf days i've been to.

I've lost count but must be at least a hundred or more over the last 8 years such as the original events back in the day, Bristol is usually the best place to meet members as well as the recent TLC day and I have on occasion had some approach me at trade shows and so on. Always nice to talk with fellow members and people with the same interests. I haven't met any nutters yet, but I tend to miss out on the Golf days :rotfl::smashin:

Last edited:
3 that I know of, but they are not exactly prolific posters.

I've met a fair few through the trading forums (lost count actually), I should be meeting a few more on the next gears night out too.

None, and i hope it stays that way :D

Very similar list to you Steve but I could add probably about another 10 or so I've met from trades on here. I've found everyone to be friendly and interesting apart from the Manchester lot who are really strange.

Martin

I've only spoken to one on the phone but not met anyone in person. Perhaps we could organise more regional meets or something. :thumbsup:

I've only spoken to one on the phone but not met anyone in person. Perhaps we could organise more regional meets or something. :thumbsup:

Good luck with that mate, if you organise something most people cry off with tinosinavitus of the wrist or something.:cool:

Martin

Went to Ian J's house once and accidentally walked in on him taking a bath....

Attachments

• ian.jpg
    ian.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 74
I've met at least 3, including a Mod.

See my trader activity from Feb/Mar this year - one forum member came to my house to pick up my M&K sub, one I met in a car park to exchange cash/M&K speakers, and one I went to his house (lives in Huddy) to pick up the DVE HD DVD.

I think there are one or two mates who've joined at my advice when they posted me an AV question and I directed them here, but they probably only stayed until that initial question was resolved.

Steve W

About half of Abbeygoos list.

Basically AVF Golf Days.

I met Chris Muriel once, by accident in my local TJ Hughes looking at cheapo Freeview stbs!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom