How mad is this,Help!

jerry

Iv,e had a Phillips DVDR80 for 6 months and apart from some initial trials it has recorded TV progs with spectacular success and with the best picture which is all I wanted it to do. But now out of the blue when I set up to record either BBC1 or BBC2 it displays NO SIGNAL EXT2. The mad part is I can set up ITV1 C4 or C5 and it works? It doesn,t appear to make any difference which method I choose to make the recording Videoplus, Guide plus, manual.

musukebba

Novice Member
It isn't very mad. The simplest explanation is that you have the channel selection on EXT2 rather than BBC1 or BBC2. Use the '+' button on the remote a couple of times.

JethroUK

Novice Member
If the DVDR80 has guideplus (i believe it does) - the guide settings may have gone astray - it happened to me on BBC1 last week (i put it down to a dodgy overnight update) - enter the setting menu and redirect BBC1 & 2 back internal tuner

jerry

Thanks for the replies and I,ll attempt a solution but before I do; Musukebba at what point do I use the + button? JethroUK this might resolve my prob how do I get to the setting menu? As you may realise I,m not particularly a techno phobe so please be patient.

musukebba

Novice Member
Are you trying to record from the timer, or directly by pressing the <record> button when viewing a TV broadcast? I may have given you an over-simplistic answer before!

JethroUK

Novice Member
if it has got guide+ (i dont have dvdr80)

press "guide" button
put the cursor on any of the menu headings (Grid, Search, Schedule, etc)

scroll to the right until you see channels & settings

just follow the prompts to reset channels

jerry

Thanks for all the help. I have resolved it inspired by your replies, the problem was in the "editor" where BBC1 & 2 had mysteriously allocated themseves to EXT1. Couldn,t have sussed it without you.

JethroUK

Novice Member
jerry said:
the problem was in the "editor" where BBC1 & 2 had mysteriously allocated themseves to EXT1. Couldn,t have sussed it without you.
glad you fixed it - it'll happen again - i had it happen couple times in 3-4 months - the epg is updated every night - i put it down to a hiccup in the update

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom